Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Walt graded out as...

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

4 3.70%
  • B

24 22.22%
  • C

28 25.93%
  • D

27 25.00%
  • F

25 23.15%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: How did Walt do?

Re: How did Walt do?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    You were first to suggest the idea of Edwin for 150 games.

But to answer your question, I think there's a world of difference between a broken wrist from getting hit by the baseball and back issues of a 34 year old.

And some of the reason Edwin hasn't reach high games-played numbers is that he was sent to AAA to get his head on straight. That's not a health issue, although it does takes him out of the lineup just the same.
    No matter what way you spin it a missed game is a missed game. I would even go as far to say I think Edwin will miss more time with wrist problems because of his swing.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    No matter what way you spin it a missed game is a missed game.
    There was no spin.

I said that being in AAA takes you out of the lineup just the same.

Ok, I said "team tank" and you said "Rolen" but my point remains. Your notion that I'd rather Rolen tank so I can be right is just plain silly.
    No that's not even a stretch, that's BEYOND a stretch to imply that I meant that. How else will you twist my words? And yes I really do think you want to be proven right. Right that Walt really should be fired right now. Right that the Reds are in really bad shape. etc etc etc
    Last edited by redsfandan; 08-04-2009 at 10:36 AM. Reason: added the word 'not' in 1st sentence so it would actually make sense

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    But to say that you'd actually want EE at 3rd over Rolen? What ARE you smokin'? Seriously.
    Who's saying that?

While I don't think Rolen is a lock to give us a massive upgrade over Edwin, I've posted several times in different threads that I'm not as torn up over who we traded as I am the idea that we seriously overpaid for a gimpy 34 year old.

Well, we can agree, as will probably everyone else, that the Reds overpaid. I guess that's at least something.

edit: "hinkie": seriously, what DOES that mean?

No that's even a stretch, that's BEYOND a stretch to imply that I meant that. How else will you twist my words?

BUT Rolen falling off a cliff (in regard to skills) almost sounds like wishful thinking by some. (It really, REALLY does)
    This is your exact post. How I am twisting it is beyond me. You are clearly saying it seems like "wishful thinking" by some that Rolen falls off a cliff.

You obviously don't want to have a legit discussion so I wish you a wonderful and fantastic day.

Charging it won't work in baseball...the Reds just won't spend any more money, but we'll have Rolen...woohoo...If the Reds are only paying $2-4M of Rolen's salary next year then maybe the trade is ok, but if they are paying more then it's a horrible baseball trade (unless the Reds suddenly open the purse strings...right).

Bum

This is your exact post. How I am twisting it is beyond me. You are clearly saying it seems like "wishful thinking" by some that Rolen falls off a cliff.

You obviously don't want to have a legit discussion so I wish you a wonderful and fantastic day.
    Yeah, cuz that's what it sounds like. It really, really does sound like people think that. What you were twisting was when you implied that I thought you wanted the team to tank. Which I never said. Ever. I asked you to show me where I said that and you haven't. I actually DO want a legit discussion and have asked you to send me a message just to explain what a simple word means. Have I received one? Nope. How can I take it seriously when you say "I wish you a wonderful and fantastic day" when you can't even do that?

Seriously, if ya ever want to talk feel free but I'm not getting my hopes up.

We've already established that Walt overpaid.

EE likely won't be a 3rd baseman in a year or two. He was for the Reds ONLY due to default.
    Ya know, I can understand people not being happy cuz the Reds overpaid. But to say that you'd actually want EE at 3rd over Rolen? What ARE you smokin'? Seriously.
    I'm saying I prefer EE to Rolen at 3rd precisely because of the cost of acquiring Rolen. Rolen < EE + Roenicke + Stewart.

And no amount of spin on EE's vs Rolen's defense changes that. The Reds have likely lost Volquez for all of 2010, if Liriano's numbers this year are any indication. His control won't be back until 2011. Stewart might have been ready mid 2010, or even out of ST. And now Rolen has a KGJ sized % of the Reds payroll. That might work in STL, but it doesn't work in Cincinnati.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Yeah, cuz that's what it sounds like. It really, really does sound like people think that. What you were twisting was when you implied that I thought you wanted the team to tank. Which I never said. Ever. I asked you to show me where I said that and you haven't.
    Because I already replied recognizing my mistake saying "team tanks" when you said "Rolen tanks". In other words, I've already said I was mistaken in saying "team tanks". Apparently you missed post 134.

And since it's apparently very important for you to know...

hinky: The right way to spell hinkie.
    Something that is out of whack, just a bit off, wrong, confused, suspect.
    Example: His directions were a bit hinky, no? That milk taste hinky to you?

Again TRF(I respect your opinion was really hoping you'd reply to the pm I sent about EE), but I was strictly talking about ONLY EE vs Rolen.

I prefer EE anywhere but on the Reds, he was playing baseball like George Jetson walking his dog, going nowhere fast.

Again TRF(I respect your opinion was really hoping you'd reply to the pm I sent about EE), but I was strictly talking about ONLY EE vs Rolen.

and that's the point. If it was EE for Rolen straight up, there wouldn't be anywhere near the gnashing of teeth.

Because I already replied recognizing my mistake saying "team tanks" when you said "Rolen tanks". In other words, I've already said I was mistaken in saying "team tanks". Apparently you missed post 134.
    Yeah I saw that. And then you said in post 141

Now I'm the confused one. (btw, thanks for the fyi on 'hinkie')
    Last edited by redsfandan; 08-04-2009 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    and that's the point. If it was EE for Rolen straight up, there wouldn't be anywhere near the gnashing of teeth.
    Exactly, even EE + Roenicke for Rolen wouldn't cause this much of a reaction.

Turn Off Ads?