Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Edwin Reaction...

Edwin Reaction...

They said during the game that Edwin pumped his fist coming out of Dusty's office, smiling, and walked out without talking to the media. I just wanted to say that I hope he knows the feeling is mutual, and he was probably the only thing holding the deal up because no one on either side wanted him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Edwin Reaction...

Hes probably laughing because hes going to better organization. I bet a lot of players would be happy to get out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Hes probably laughing because hes going to better organization. I bet a lot of players would be happy to get out of here.
    Exactly.

I'm laughing that he's out of here too. Jerry Hairston was 10x the player Edwin was for us, and he left with class. I hated to see him go.

dont get you hatred get in the way of facts

Yes, he's got a MUCH better chance of competing in the AL East. Instead of a .200 BA in a below average division, he can go get owned in a division with the Yankees, BoSox, and Rays.

I'd be excited to get out of Dusty Baker's mess of a clubhouse as well...I also wouldn't be too excited to be going to the AL East to hit under .200 because the pitchers are even better there. The one good thing for him is that he will at least have a big league lineup hitting around him, which may put him in better hitting opportunities.

I hear the fans behind the Reds dugout are having a vigil tonight. No more free balls thrown into the stands from the 3B side.

I don't know how excited I would be if I were Edwin. The Jays have a prospect to take third base over next year. DH is also something they seem to be okay at. Even with his salary Edwin could be sitting on the bench next year.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    I hear the fans behind the Reds dugout are having a vigil tonight. No more free balls thrown into the stands from the 3B side.
    Good One!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Yeah...wait until those higher taxes hit his paycheck. He's a bust and I'm glad he's gone.

And I will bet anyone here that the Reds make the playoffs sooner than the Blue Jays.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Many of these comments are why he is excited.

I am embarrassed to be a Reds fan, that you all have caused a great kid to be happy to get away from some of you.

You should be so proud.

And when I say, you, I mean some of you, and Marty B as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Yeah...wait until those higher taxes hit his paycheck. He's a bust and I'm glad he's gone.

And I will bet anyone here that the Reds make the playoffs sooner than the Blue Jays.
    Blue Jays have a little bit harder road than the Reds considering their competition.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Blue Jays have a little bit harder road than the Reds considering their competition.
    So you agree with me.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    So you agree with me.
    not because the Reds will be better though.

Turn Off Ads?