Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A few Unnamed Reds Scouts react

A few Unnamed Reds Scouts react

https://twitter.com/elliottbaseball

1st Reds scout "Wish we hadn't given up Roenicke he has closer's stuff and the makeup for it but he got in the doghouse with us."
    2nd Reds scout: "Wish we hadn't given up Stewart, the kid can pitch, he'll be in the big leagues a long, long time."
    1st and 2nd Reds scout one time zone apart: "Encarnacion can't play."
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: A few Unnamed Reds Scouts react

Quote 3- the reason Stewart was included in the trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished

Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    The base you want to acquire is home.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    Quote 3- the reason Stewart was included in the trade.
    Then Jocketty needs to be fired. Its like including bruce in a deal because Mike Stanton sucked. If you hated the guy that much you just get rid of him. you dont pay in top prospect talent.

so frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Then Jocketty needs to be fired. Its like including bruce in a deal because Mike Stanton sucked. If you hated the guy that much you just get rid of him. you dont pay in top prospect talent.

so frustrating.
    This is nothing of the sort and you know it. Bruce was a consensus #1 prospect in all of baseball, and Stanton was a middle reliever who would log like 50 innings a year. EE is a wear on young arms with his pathetic defense, and a wear on the casual fan because of his nonchalant attitude and streaky bat.

I understand that you are very upset about the loss of Stewart, but statements like this are irrational.

Long live punishment

Seriously though... Does anybody think EE missed his calling as a LF? He'd be a pretty decent bat there, and couldn't kill anybody with his D.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

No trading away a stud pitcher because you think edwin sucks is the exact same. How about adding Votto in a deal with Milton to bring in someone. you dont sweaten a deal with a stud just to get rid of someone you dont like. No team in baseball is that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Seriously though... Does anybody think EE missed his calling as a LF? He'd be a pretty decent bat there, and couldn't kill anybody with his D.
    I think he could be a solid 2nd baseman.

No trading away a stud pitcher because you think edwin sucks is the exact same. How about adding Votto in a deal with Milton to bring in someone. you dont sweaten a deal with a stud just to get rid of someone you dont like. No team in baseball is that stupid.
    It isn't someone they simply don't like though- it is someone who they seem to view as a detriment to the team.

All that said, the cash that is probably brought in simply by the inclusion of the prospects is nice as well.

Long live punishment

Reds are on the hook for 11 million next year no matter how you see it. Thats 11 million they now have completely booked up. If you thought that budget was tight this offseason I cant wait to see the one next year.

You keep making these comparisons, of young major league players, for guys who aren't even in the league any more.

We get it, you don't like the trade. But your comparisons are ridiculous. Scott Rolen is not Mike Stanton or Eric Milton, he's still in the league, and batting .320. Stewart is not Votto or Bruce, he's barely logged innings in Triple A.

If you don't like the trade because of what he might be, thats fine. You don't need to pull out ridiculous comparisons that make zero sense though, it just makes you look silly.

11mm - EE's salary (5.45mm? 4.85mm? I'm not sure and its a bit late to search for the exact figure). I think I saw that it was a raise of about 5mm next year.

There is also a month remaining before the waiver trade deadline and all of the offseason to potentially add payflex, or maybe BobC will win the lottery. I'm not ready to destroy my Reds fanhood that has survived since my birth to age 22 with no recollection of playoffs just because the Reds traded a highly-touted pitching prospect. Frankly, I care about the W-L of the Reds and don't care one bit about the minors past how they will affect that single thing.

Long live punishment

Im not comparing Rolen to Stanton. Im comparing Edwin to Stanton. We hated stanton, if we wanted him gone you just dont keep him. You dont try to trade him and sweaten the pot by tossing in a good prospect.

And yes hes in the same class as Votto. He's in the same class as Cueto, and hes in the same class of about every other top pitcher in the minors. Just because you dont view it that way doesnt make it any less true. No one thinks we won this trade outside of people who think Rolen is the Rolen of the phillies and cardinals still.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    11mm - EE's salary (5.45mm? 4.85mm? I'm not sure and its a bit late to search for the exact figure). I think I saw that it was a raise of about 5mm next year.

There is also a month remaining before the waiver trade deadline and all of the offseason to potentially add payflex, or maybe BobC will win the lottery. I'm not ready to destroy my Reds fanhood that has survived since my birth to age 22 with no recollection of playoffs just because the Reds traded a highly-touted pitching prospect. Frankly, I care about the W-L of the Reds and don't care one bit about the minors past how they will affect that single thing.
    If you didnt care about the minors then Joey Votto and Cueto would have been dealt to Baltimore for Bedard last season. People were screaming to get that deal done. Thank god we didnt.

If you didnt care about the minors then Joey Votto and Cueto would have been dealt to Baltimore for Bedard last season. People were screaming to get that deal done. Thank god we didnt.
    I was never sold on Bedard- he has a career defined by one outstanding year and has burned me in fantasy time and time again. That trade never appealed to me, even for a second.

Long live punishment

Im not comparing Rolen to Stanton. Im comparing Edwin to Stanton. We hated stanton, if we wanted him gone you just dont keep him. You dont try to trade him and sweaten the pot by tossing in a good prospect.

And yes hes in the same class as Votto. He's in the same class as Cueto, and hes in the same class of about every other top pitcher in the minors. Just because you dont view it that way doesnt make it any less true. No one thinks we won this trade outside of people who think Rolen is the Rolen of the phillies and cardinals still.
    Just because YOU view it that way, doesn't make it true. I've looked at Baseball America's midseason top 50 prospects, he's not on there. Are they wrong too?

This isn't even about the deal. It's the fact you have to pump him to ridiculous proportions. You really just said he's in the same class as Cueto and Votto when he HAS NOT PLAYED A MLB GAME?? Hell he hasn't even started in TRIPLE A YET. How the hell do you come up with these determinations?

Write it down people. A guy who hasn't started in Triple A is AS GOOD AS VOTTO.

Man you've really lost it. Take a walk or drive or something man, I've think you let your anger get to you. I can see your point of view on not liking the trade, but you really don't need to use ridiculous exaggeration here on where he's at right now as a player.

What else is he? The next Linecum? No wait. The next Clemens. No he's BETTER than Clemens. In his prime.

Turn Off Ads?