Mike Sharperson
    Tim Layana
    Catfish Hunter
    Mike Darr
    Gerik Baxter
    Gus Polidor
    Ivan Calderon

I'll add Bump Bailey as well
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sports Stars Who Tragically Died Too Soon

Geez, I didn't even realize that Bobby Phils and Malik Sealy had been killed. I remember both of those players, but I don't remember them dying.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

UK had a basketball recruit that died during a game his senior season. I believe his name was John Stewart. Please correct me if I am wrong about the name. It was very tragic. UK honored him on what would have been his senior night at UK if he had lived. I thought a very nice thing to do.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Len Bias is the ultimate for me.... ridiculously great ball player saw scouting reports on him and really he was lebron james before lebron

Worth The Wait

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Geez, I didn't even realize that Bobby Phils and Malik Sealy had been killed. I remember both of those players, but I don't remember them dying.
    Phills was speeding with teammate David Wesley in a car behind him (Wesley says they were not racing), when he was killed in a crash. Broad daylight, neither player was drunk or anything, just being silly/stupid.

Turn Off Ads?