Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cody Ross 17 homers now!!

High five!

Re: Cody Ross 17 homers now!!

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Neither do I. I never cared a bit about The Trade. I do think trading EE for Scott Rolen is a way of saying--to fans, to the rest of the team, to the rest of the league--that you're going to stop being a joke and start playing people who can actually play the positions you put them at. I think it's culture change.
    The "being a joke" stops now!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    The "being a joke" stops now!

Actually I think that's pretty much what the Rolen move is about. You can reasonably ask, it seems to me, whether an org. that thinks EE can play 3b even knows how to take winning seriously.

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

"being a joke" stops now!

billboard
    2015, baby!

High five!

Actually I think that's pretty much what the Rolen move is about. You can reasonably ask, it seems to me, whether an org. that thinks EE can play 3b even knows how to take winning seriously.
    So you think the Jays don't take winning seriously now?

I don't think losing can be attribute to any one player.

It takes a village, as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    In 2008, the first year after the Reds traded Cantu, he basically was EE with 100 more PAs.

This season, of course, EE wasn't really healthy.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

So you think the Jays don't take winning seriously now?

I don't think losing can be attribute to any one player.

It takes a village, as they say.
    It takes a culture. I don't want to blame EE. I've always sort of liked EE and, in fact, I think the Reds org. has pretty much treated him badly by continuing to try to play him at a position he can't play. The decision about his playing 3b should have been made years ago. I don't know what Toronto is thinking. I suspect they're in denial of a sort, starting to believe that players are better than they are, and/or that somehow when players like EE reach their hitherto hardly imaginable potential (ditto Stewart) they'll surpass the Yankees and Boston. If you were behind those two clubs and the Rays, what else could you believe? I do know that the Reds with EE at 3rd were a joke. Imagine trying to persuade a groundball throwing free-agent starter to come to Cinti. with EE at third. Do you think you might have gotten a laugh?

I eagerly await for your witty, withering, all-knowing one-line response.

High five!

It takes a culture. I don't want to blame EE. I've always sort of liked EE and, in fact, I think the Reds org. has pretty much treated him badly by continuing to try to play him at a position he can't play. The decision about his playing 3b should have been made years ago. I don't know what Toronto is thinking. I suspect they're in denial of a sort,
    I don't think that. I think they can use him. Whether that's at 3B, in the OF, as a DH or whatever, he fit into their plan.

starting to believe that players are better than they are, and/or that somehow when players like EE reach their hitherto hardly imaginable potential (ditto Stewart) they'll surpass the Yankees and Boston.
    I think this is faulty thinking. Why does he have to hit an unimaginable potential? I thought he was who he was and was fine with that because the Reds had bigger fish to fry.

If you were behind those two clubs and the Rays, what else could you believe?
    That the Jays are making a rebuilding move.

I do know that the Reds with EE at 3rd were a joke.
    The Reds with Scott Rolen at 3rd are still a joke. The Reds with Willy Taveras and Alex Gonzales batting 1st and 2nd are a joke. The Reds with Joey Votto on the team are a joke. The 21st century Reds have been a joke.

Imagine trying to persuade a groundball throwing free-agent starter to come to Cinti. with EE at third. Do you think you might have gotten a laugh?
    I think the amount that factors into the decision is far overshadowed by the fact that the TEAM (rather than a single player) is crappy.

I eagerly await for your witty, withering, all-knowing one-line response.
    Rude.

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    Yeah because trading offense for defense has translated into so many wins for us this year. We're like the '08 Rays part II.
    You can't have 4 1st basemen playing the IF and be anything other then a more hilarious joke then what we already have
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?