Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bengals Predictions for 2009-2010

Re: Bengals Predictions for 2009-2010

Disappointing that no Bengals made the pro bowl. Perhaps this could motivate them thru the playoffs....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Top 10 defense and a top 10 offense.
    Hey I was half right.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Deepred05 View Post
    Disappointing that no Bengals made the pro bowl. Perhaps this could motivate them thru the playoffs....
    Plays into what Zimmer has been preaching all season long.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Bengals Predictions for 2009-2010:

Worst Offensive Line in the NFL through the first 8 games according to www.footballoutsiders.com .

Top-10 Overall Defense at the end of the season according to www.footballoutsiders.com .

Bratkowski will try to fit square pegs into round holes. (trying to have Utecht block instead of catch passes, as he did 2-3 years ago when he led the entire NFL in catch percentage).

Luigs becomes the starting Center before year's end.
    They ended up the 9th worst Offensive Line in the NFL at the end of the season....don't know what their ranking was through 8 games.

Luigs never sniffs the field as Kyle Cook surprises everybody. But, then Nate Livings can't stay on the field because of some stupid ethics thing where starters can't lose their jobs. So, the fact that Luigs didn't get a chance doesn't say anything, really. That's some good depth, though. This also comes from the same 3 coaches that let Ghiaciuc start for three seasons.

Finished 13th in overall Team Defense. But, my favorite stat is Defensive Drive Success Rate where they finished 5th overall. Guess who's #1? Yes. The Jets. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    They ended up the 9th worst Offensive Line in the NFL at the end of the season....don't know what their ranking was through 8 games.

Luigs never sniffs the field as Kyle Cook surprises everybody. But, then Nate Livings can't stay on the field because of some stupid ethics thing where starters can't lose their jobs. So, the fact that Luigs didn't get a chance doesn't say anything, really. That's some good depth, though. This also comes from the same 3 coaches that let Ghiaciuc start for three seasons.

Finished 13th in overall Team Defense. But, my favorite stat is Defensive Drive Success Rate where they finished 5th overall. Guess who's #1? Yes. The Jets. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats

Where should the Bengals target improving this line for next year?

On the brink of disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Kudos to you Aaron!

Same to you Buckeyeredleg, good call

I thought they could do this well too but you know how these things usually turn out around here. I've become a show me guy. I have to give my props to them and I don't care how ugly the wins are. 10 wins is a rare occurrence around here
    Wow, I opened the thread forgetting what I had said in it. I amazed myself. I will refrain from making any post season predictions at the risk of tarnishing my current record on Bengals predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Where should the Bengals target improving this line for next year?
    A lot of the improvement is going to come from Andre Smith becoming the full fledged starter. An extra year will probably help everyone but Bobbie Williams and fortunately good guards can play forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?