Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bengals Predictions for 2009-2010

Re: Bengals Predictions for 2009-2010

Here's a prediction I'm pretty happy about that just fell in my lap this morning ...

I'm going to Lambeau Field on September 20th for the Bengals/Packers game! Anybody been to Lambeau and have any tips? I'm going there for the experience of the stadium and atmosphere more than anything else; seeing the Bengals just a little bonus.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

10-6 & Playoffs sans another year of severe injury issues. I did tell Lockdwn11 during this past SB that the Bengals will be there this year, a wee stretch perhaps but I do believe they are a playoff team. I do think the O-Line is the key to the season and losing a critical player like Kelly hurts that big time. But I still believe running the ball and defense will be king for a change and we make the playoffs. The only thing that can screw it all up is Bratkowski not recognizing he has a run the ball O-Line and trying to pass the ball 40 times a game.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I predict the following:

Brat will call the 3rd and draw when the defense knows he will call the play about 5 times too many - but still manage to rely on the play less than any other season he has been offensive coordinator

Jeremi Johnson will be called for a false start on the first series of the season

Chris Henry will have 6 TDs in the first 8 games

and

a TE will finally be utilized in the passing game like we haven't seen since Rodney Holman was in his prime
    Thank goodness for baseball.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    10-6 & Playoffs sans another year of severe injury issues. I did tell Lockdwn11 during this past SB that the Bengals will be there this year, a wee stretch perhaps but I do believe they are a playoff team. I do think the O-Line is the key to the season and losing a critical player like Kelly hurts that big time. But I still believe running the ball and defense will be king for a change and we make the playoffs. The only thing that can screw it all up is Bratkowski not recognizing he has a run the ball O-Line and trying to pass the ball 40 times a game.
    I hate to say this, but I believe losing Kelly could be a blessing in disguise.

Ben Utecht and Chase Coffman are pass catching TE's who will now likely be more utilized with Kelly out.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

All of Carson's audibles will continue to be runs between the Right Guard and Right Tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Here's a prediction I'm pretty happy about that just fell in my lap this morning ...

I'm going to Lambeau Field on September 20th for the Bengals/Packers game! Anybody been to Lambeau and have any tips? I'm going there for the experience of the stadium and atmosphere more than anything else; seeing the Bengals just a little bonus.
    It's now cheaper to mail the cheese back home than to carry it on the plane.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

6-10.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    All of Carson's audibles will continue to be runs between the Right Guard and Right Tackle.
    I'm glad that someone else has noticed this. Since 2006 I'm guessing 80% of the time Carson changes the play at the line it results in an inside handoff.

My prediction: the Bengals again get off to an absolutely horrible season-killing start (I'm seeing 1-6), then do their standard dead cat bounce against the Detroits and Oaklands of the world and finish 7-9. Mike Brown states that a corner has been turned, etc.

It would be foolish to expect anything else from this organization.

Here is the way I think the Bengals will go based upon the season. Granted there will be a few major injuries which may swing the game in one direction or another.

1 Sun, Sep 13 Denver W
    The McDaniels era begins and the Bengals should beat the Broncos. The Broncos may be one of the worst teams in football this season.

2 Sun, Sep 20 at Green Bay L
    Could be a toss up game, especially coming off an opening day win. Is Arron Rogers the real deal? Many thought he was but he led them to a lackluster season last year.

3 Sun, Sep 27 Pittsburgh L
    Should be a competitive game. If the Bengals are for real they win this game. It could be a 2-1 start but more than likely the Bengals start the season 1-2.

4 Sun, Oct 4 at Cleveland W
    I don't like the Browns this season. I see a QB controversy as well as a micromanaging head coach. The Bengals should win this game.

5 Sun, Oct 11 at Baltimore L
    Another toss up game. I think the Ravens are due for a fall back season. It is also the 5th week of the season and injuries could play a toll in this game. Is Flaco for real? That could be the determining factor in this game.

6 Sun, Oct 18 Houston W
    Houston will probably be the darling pick this season again. The Bengals should beat them at home.

7 Sun, Oct 25 Chicago W
    IMO another toss up game. Chicago should be good but their lack of WR's could hurt Cutler's game. Another aging D who could be banged up by the time they come to Cincy. IMO if the Bengals are in the midst of a good season they win this game, if not tack up another loss.

8 -- bye -- -- --
    They can't lose this game can they?

9 Sun, Nov 8 Baltimore W
    9th week and how healthy are the Ravens. They count a lot on older players, notabily Ed Reed and Ray Lewis. Do they play in this game.

10 Sun, Nov 15 at Pittsburgh L
    Don't see the Bengals beating Pitt in Pitt.

11 Sun, Nov 22 at Oakland W
    The Raiders may be a more inept front office than the Bengals. The Bengals break their west coast skid with this win.

12 Sun, Nov 29 Cleveland W
    See above.

13 Sun, Dec 6 Detroit W
    Should be a no brainier. Unfortunately if the season is heading down hill the Bengals may lost this game.

14 Sun, Dec 13 at Minnesota L
    Tough game especially away. But Sage or Taveras and Co. will make this game a little easier.

15 Sun, Dec 20 at San Diego L
    Tough trip for the Bengals. Injuries could play a big role in this game.

16 Sun, Dec 27 Kansas City W
    You buying Cassel and co? One good year with Randy Moss doesn't make a QB. Struggled last year in the Red Zone.

17 Sun, Jan 3 at NY Jets W
    This could be a big game. I don't think the Jets are going anywhere, and Sanchez will probably be the starting QB.

This equals on to 10-6, best case scenario the Bengals go 11-5. Worst case scenario the Bengals go 5-11. I have said it before, Carson makes this team an 8-8 team if he is healthy and playing. A better D as well as a few good breaks and the Bengals could be right back in the hunt.

7-9 ... there isn't much to get excited about. 1 winning season in 18 years, I think I detect a trend.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

If this continues, they won't win 7 games...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...se-to-signing/
    Go BLUE!!!

Smith is a headcase anyway-kind of a perfect embodiment of everything that has been dysfunctional about the Bengals....

His hold out is looking like it'll cost any chance of him being a productive player this season. As for the rest of his career, he'll be rich and the odds are 50/50 that he'll give enough of a crap to accomplish anything that would require sweat equity.

The Bengals and Smith kind of deserve each other.

BTW, none of this rant is a reaction to the hold out.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Katie and company are offering less than last year's #6 pick, and much less than the guy taken after Smith.

WHO DEY!
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Smith is a headcase anyway-kind of a perfect embodiment of everything that has been dysfunctional about the Bengals....

His hold out is looking like it'll cost any chance of him being a productive player this season. As for the rest of his career, he'll be rich and the odds are 50/50 that he'll give enough of a crap to accomplish anything that would require sweat equity.

The Bengals and Smith kind of deserve each other.

BTW, none of this rant is a reaction to the hold out.
    the red flags about character and commitment came up well before the draft, yet the Bengal chose to ignore them.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Chad Ochocinco leads the league in scoring with 10 TD's 30 FG's and 32 PAT's.

Turn Off Ads?