Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bengals Predictions for 2009-2010

Re: Bengals Predictions for 2009-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Chad Ochocinco leads the league in scoring with 10 TD's 30 FG's and 32 PAT's.
    A Fantasy Football Owner's Erotic Dream.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

2. Turn Off Ads?

You have to give Chad some credit, he absolutely striped both the PAT and the kickoff.

A couple of years ago the Bengals beat the Ravens 27-21 on Opening Night...one of the critical junctures in that game occurred when Graham had an ouchie and was unable to kick a PAT in the first half, which Kyle Larson shanked because that's just how Kyle Larson does. Would have been nice to know about Chad's hidden talent then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Chad Ochocinco leads the league in scoring with 10 TD's 30 FG's and 32 PAT's.
    His point after attempt for anyone who missed it:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-presea...s-the-uprights

On the brink of disaster acredsfan's Avatar

I'm a little discouraged about the lack of quality depth at most defensive positions on this team. I think they should be 10-6 at the very least this year with Palmer back and Ochocinco in better spirits and health. The threat of a passing game if they can establish it early will help some with the O-line inexperience, but if not watch out. Their Defense will be better, but I only currently see it as a middle of the pack D with the possibility of being around 7th-10th best if everything goes well.

All of that said, I want to believe they can be better than 10-6, but I also know it is just as likely they are going to be much worse. The NFL has great parity and if you let your intensity faulter for just a little bit, then you won't win. The Bengals haven't proven they can sustain their intensity consistently.

On a side note, why do so many people spell Aaron wrong? I constantly see people spell it "Arron" instead. I just notice it so much because my name is Aaron, and I think people spell my name wrong more often than they get it right, and it's a common name.
    "I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." -- House

"You guys are still thinking like doctors when you should be thinking like plumbers. Come on, I wanna see some butt crack." -- House

Chad apparently wants to change his name again, to Esteban Ochocinco.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. That’s the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    You have to give Chad some credit, he absolutely striped both the PAT and the kickoff.

A couple of years ago the Bengals beat the Ravens 27-21 on Opening Night...one of the critical junctures in that game occurred when Graham had an ouchie and was unable to kick a PAT in the first half, which Kyle Larson shanked because that's just how Kyle Larson does. Would have been nice to know about Chad's hidden talent then.
    I don't follow the Bengals this early, so my son asked me if I'd seen the kicks. He told me to check them on Youtube. Very impressive and kind of fun too.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things, that's Rallyonion.com

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

You know what I liked? After the made PAT he just put his head down and accepted congratulations from Huber. I'm a big fan of the celebrations after touchdowns so this might sound weird coming from me, but after doing something which is fairly extraordinary, he acted like it was no big thing.

Before the season, I had them at 1-1 after two games, but with opposite results (beating Denver and losing at Green Bay). I felt like if they could split with Pittsburgh and split with Baltimore, they could go 9-7 or 10-6, so I'm still hopeful for that. If they hold to their historical form, though, they'll lose one or two games that they should have won and end up 8-8 or 7-9. Yesterday was a prime example, but at least they got away with the win.

.500 seems to be this franchise's comfort zone, when they're not going 3-13 or 4-12. Since 1983, they've finished within one game of .500 twelve (12) times and with three/four wins eight (8) other times.

Throw out the two Super Bowl seasons and they've won 10 or more games only twice since 1976. At that point, following the 1976 season, they had just finished a stretch of three seasons out of four with 10+ wins, and that was in the days when the league only played 14 games in the regular season.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I predict Palmer manages to stay healthy, the offensive line gels, Benson provides some stability at tailback and Scott plays the Chris Perry role from 2005, Chad has a bounce back year and Coles fills the gap created by T.J.'s departure, the defense finally creates some kind of pass rush, the linebackers come together as a good unit, and the secondary continues to show promise.

And I also predict a 6-10 record because the Bengals will lose 7 games in the last 2 minutes.
    The reverse is happening. The Bengals may WIN 7 games in the last 2 minutes. I'm in the twilight zone.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

This team is a mystery to me. They could just as easily be 4-0 as 0-4. I have no idea what to expect, not even game to game, but drive to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Jonathan Joseph finally learns how to catch, and gets 5 picks.
    2 down, three to go.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. That’s the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    This team is a mystery to me. They could just as easily be 4-0 as 0-4. I have no idea what to expect, not even game to game, but drive to drive.
    an enigma wrapped in a riddle. You could say that you can expect that you do not know what to expect.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Holy Thread Bumping Batman!

This thread is a very funny read.
    Witty signature.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    This echoes my sentiments exactly.

I must say (even as a glass-half-empty follower of this franchise), that in my opinion, the Bengals have had a very solid off-season to this point.

I like Coles and losing Houshmandzadeh was inevitable. Considering his age, I did not feel comfortable paying him what Seattle did. Stacey Andrews and Eric Ghiaciuk were shown the door and that is good. Cedric Benson was brought back and although I'm not totally sold on him, I think it's a good gamble, especially with the current lack of depth at RB. A RB taken in the 4th round would be a good next step to ensure depth (and maybe even a future replacement) and good ones can be had in that part of the draft. The offensive line is very important, as this club will go nowhere unless they can protect their franchise QB. On the bright side, by re-signing Benson and signing Coles, they have made it very possible to remedy the OL with two of the first three picks in the draft.

Continuity goes a long way and they have ensured that the 12th ranked defense from last year is all returning. Peko, Sims, Shirley, and Harris form a solid interior defensive line. Geathers, Odom, Rucker, and Fanene appear average to me and I hope depth is addressed at this position in the draft (even if there is a bunch of money invested in Geathers and Odom), but overall an average to better than average D-line, with potential to grow.

The LB's were very good last year, and they all return. It is obvious that the Bengals are content with this position, as they made sure they re-signed all of their free agents (Jeanty, Johnson, and Blackstock) and they didn't have to break the bank for any of them. With Rivers coming back at 100% next year, this group will only get better and they have solid depth. A MLB might be a decent target in the draft, but they aren't desperate here.

The secondary looks good as well, especially with the re-signing of Crocker. They are a solid three-deep at CB (Joseph, Hall, Jones) and S (Ndukwe, White, Crocker). With the talent that is already signed here, I see no reason to address anything at these positions in the draft or the rest of free agency.

Now, if you've read any of my posts on the Bengals the past few years, it would be no surprise to you that I'm not a huge fan of Marvin Lewis. However, there is something to say about continuity and that's what the Bengals have by bringing him back. He's already been to the depths of hell with this team and there is no reason he cannot use that to grow as a coach. In my opinion the fact that he's still here can only be a positive in the way he runs things in 2009.

What's that saying?

"What does not kill you can only make you stronger."

I agree with that and think it applies here with Marvin.

This was basically a 4 to 5 win club last year. Think about that for a second. With all the things going against it, they still managed to win 4-5 games, in a tough division, and playing a brutal schedule. They lost their franchise QB. They set a record for most injuries in a season and all to very key personnel. They had arguably the toughest schedule in the NFL (with 4 games vs. the Ravens and Superbowl champ, Steelers). With all that going against them, I don't think it's crazy to think they can win 4-5 more in 2009.

In my opinion, if this club can get the best OT with the #6 pick, then grab a Center with either the 2nd or 3rd round pick, and then snag a RB early on day two, I have every confidence that the 2009 Cincinnati Bengals will win AT LEAST 9 games in 2009, with the potential to win as many as 11. That's right. I say buy and buy big on Bengals stock in 2009. This team is about ready to explode onto the scene and I will not be surprised by it when they do. If you just sit back and analyze everything, removing emotions and frustrations from last two decades, you can see it. It's not that far from happening. They got their franchise QB back. check. They play a schedule that is night and day compared to the one in 2008. check. They have re-signed key personnel and let the others go. check. I'm calling it right now. If this club can stay relatively healthy in 2009, I'm guaranteeing 9-11 wins (I'll go with 10) with a rising path that will take them even farther in 2010 and beyond.
    You can feel free to archive this post and bring it back and rub it in my face in 9 months, but I'm telling you that you will not be able to do that. Sit back and enjoy the ride, because for the first time in a while, it's okay to feel good about the state of this franchise. And this is coming from one of the more realistic (negative) Bengal fans around that has told people the past few years that the Bengals were a bad team heading in the wrong direction. Heck, I think I predicted 5 wins before the 2008 season. I predicted 6-8 wins the previous two years before that. I have always been on target with this club, so this is not me just being a contrarian against the popular public opinion regarding this franchise.

So buy and buy big on the Bengals. Of course, I say all of this this as long as they don't do something stupid like taking a RB with the #6 pick, in which case forget about everything I've posted above. LOL.
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...engals&page=12

Quote Originally Posted by acredsfan View Post
    I'm a little discouraged about the lack of quality depth at most defensive positions on this team. I think they should be 10-6 at the very least this year with Palmer back and Ochocinco in better spirits and health. The threat of a passing game if they can establish it early will help some with the O-line inexperience, but if not watch out. Their Defense will be better, but I only currently see it as a middle of the pack D with the possibility of being around 7th-10th best if everything goes well.
    Kudos to you Aaron!

Same to you Buckeyeredleg, good call

I thought they could do this well too but you know how these things usually turn out around here. I've become a show me guy. I have to give my props to them and I don't care how ugly the wins are. 10 wins is a rare occurrence around here

Turn Off Ads?