Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: Bengals Predictions for 2009-2010

  1. #61
    Member Deepred05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    1,518

    Re: Bengals Predictions for 2009-2010

    Disappointing that no Bengals made the pro bowl. Perhaps this could motivate them thru the playoffs....

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    7,467

    Re: Bengals Predictions for 2009-2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Top 10 defense and a top 10 offense.
    Hey I was half right.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

  4. #63
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,682

    Re: Bengals Predictions for 2009-2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Deepred05 View Post
    Disappointing that no Bengals made the pro bowl. Perhaps this could motivate them thru the playoffs....
    Plays into what Zimmer has been preaching all season long.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  5. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,579

    Re: Bengals Predictions for 2009-2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Bengals Predictions for 2009-2010:

    Worst Offensive Line in the NFL through the first 8 games according to www.footballoutsiders.com .

    Top-10 Overall Defense at the end of the season according to www.footballoutsiders.com .

    Bratkowski will try to fit square pegs into round holes. (trying to have Utecht block instead of catch passes, as he did 2-3 years ago when he led the entire NFL in catch percentage).

    Luigs becomes the starting Center before year's end.
    They ended up the 9th worst Offensive Line in the NFL at the end of the season....don't know what their ranking was through 8 games.

    Luigs never sniffs the field as Kyle Cook surprises everybody. But, then Nate Livings can't stay on the field because of some stupid ethics thing where starters can't lose their jobs. So, the fact that Luigs didn't get a chance doesn't say anything, really. That's some good depth, though. This also comes from the same 3 coaches that let Ghiaciuc start for three seasons.

    Finished 13th in overall Team Defense. But, my favorite stat is Defensive Drive Success Rate where they finished 5th overall. Guess who's #1? Yes. The Jets. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats

  6. #65
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,610

    Re: Bengals Predictions for 2009-2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    They ended up the 9th worst Offensive Line in the NFL at the end of the season....don't know what their ranking was through 8 games.

    Luigs never sniffs the field as Kyle Cook surprises everybody. But, then Nate Livings can't stay on the field because of some stupid ethics thing where starters can't lose their jobs. So, the fact that Luigs didn't get a chance doesn't say anything, really. That's some good depth, though. This also comes from the same 3 coaches that let Ghiaciuc start for three seasons.

    Finished 13th in overall Team Defense. But, my favorite stat is Defensive Drive Success Rate where they finished 5th overall. Guess who's #1? Yes. The Jets. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats

    Where should the Bengals target improving this line for next year?

  7. #66
    On the brink of disaster acredsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    627

    Re: Bengals Predictions for 2009-2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Kudos to you Aaron!

    Same to you Buckeyeredleg, good call

    I thought they could do this well too but you know how these things usually turn out around here. I've become a show me guy. I have to give my props to them and I don't care how ugly the wins are. 10 wins is a rare occurrence around here
    Wow, I opened the thread forgetting what I had said in it. I amazed myself. I will refrain from making any post season predictions at the risk of tarnishing my current record on Bengals predictions.
    "I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." -- House

    "You guys are still thinking like doctors when you should be thinking like plumbers. Come on, I wanna see some butt crack." -- House

  8. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,198

    Re: Bengals Predictions for 2009-2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Where should the Bengals target improving this line for next year?
    A lot of the improvement is going to come from Andre Smith becoming the full fledged starter. An extra year will probably help everyone but Bobbie Williams and fortunately good guards can play forever.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25