Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Results 196 to 206 of 206

Thread: Post Rolen trade reactions

  1. #196
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,175

    Re: Post Rolen trade reactions

    Quote Originally Posted by 37red View Post
    I haven't seen the ink pen in Rolen's hand. But in this thread I do see a door closing behind him as he walks out. Everyone seems to say he's going, no if's and's and buts. I'll have to read every post and some articles. It would disapoint me if that happens.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #197
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,381

    Re: Post Rolen trade reactions

    Quote Originally Posted by 37red View Post
    I haven't seen the ink pen in Rolen's hand. But in this thread I do see a door closing behind him as he walks out. Everyone seems to say he's going, no if's and's and buts. I'll have to read every post and some articles. It would disapoint me if that happens.
    My heard hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  4. #198
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,959

    Re: Post Rolen trade reactions

    Quote Originally Posted by 37red View Post
    I haven't seen the ink pen in Rolen's hand. But in this thread I do see a door closing behind him as he walks out. Everyone seems to say he's going, no if's and's and buts. I'll have to read every post and some articles. It would disapoint me if that happens.
    I'm trying to come up with a equally as long 5-sentence length rebuttal to this that would humorously be every bit as confusing as the above, but it is simply impossible.

  5. #199
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,565

    Re: Post Rolen trade reactions

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I'm trying to come up with a equally as long 5-sentence length rebuttal to this that would humorously be every bit as confusing as the above, but it is simply impossible.
    I'm sure it was a reply to a post. What I can't say with any certainty is whether the post was in this thread or in his head.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  6. #200
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,390

    Re: Post Rolen trade reactions

    Quote Originally Posted by 37red View Post
    I haven't seen the ink pen in Rolen's hand. But in this thread I do see a door closing behind him as he walks out. Everyone seems to say he's going, no if's and's and buts. I'll have to read every post and some articles. It would disapoint me if that happens.
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  7. #201
    Member mdccclxix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Crown
    Posts
    3,729

    Re: Post Rolen trade reactions

    Quote Originally Posted by 37red View Post
    I haven't seen the ink pen in Rolen's hand. But in this thread I do see a door closing behind him as he walks out. Everyone seems to say he's going, no if's and's and buts. I'll have to read every post and some articles. It would disapoint me if that happens.
    This must be a premonition about 2012.
    Unofficial Johnny Cueto Cy Young Campaign President For Reds Fans by a Reds Fan
    Johnny Cueto's Next Start:
    AUGUST 20, 7:15 PM ET @ Busch Stadium
    MORTAL COMBAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  8. #202
    Vavasor TRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    13,380

    Re: Post Rolen trade reactions

    Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Without us having access to doctors and Rolen's medical records, it is kind of unfair to try and estimate exactly how much risk was involved there.
    Horse hockey. Antonio Bryant and the Bengals say hi. They had full access and got it wrong.

    But sometimes you just kinda know. In this case, Walt knew Rolen as a person. He was banking on the person to facilitate a change in the clubhouse and it worked. I've never heard a person say a bad thing about Eric Milton. He obviously pitched in a lot of pain, so he's a gamer. And I still wanted no part of him. Rolen is 35, and his best years are behind him. NO WAY did Walt think he was getting what he got from Rolen this year. No. Way.

    I'm beyond thrilled it worked. And I know I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on the trade that brought him here. I do agree that giving up Stewart was too much, but I likely would have suffered through this year with Frazier at 3B.
    Suck it up cupcake.

  9. #203
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,854

    Re: Post Rolen trade reactions

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    Of course so.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  10. #204
    Puffy 3:16 Puffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    13,771

    Re: Post Rolen trade reactions

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Tell us your thoughts on Joe Randa.
    Ummmmm, I was right about Joe Randa, so not sure what your point is. He put up stats exactly within his career line and the Reds were not one bit better record wise while he played here. My point was then as it is now that he did not make the Reds better and they had in house solutions that would have made the Reds still bad but with money to spend elsewhere.

    Now, Wily Mo Pena I was wrong about. And Rich Aurilla. And Scott Hatteburg too.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

  11. #205
    Tired of talk. Win! Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Commonwealth
    Posts
    8,355

    Re: Post Rolen trade reactions

    Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Ummmmm, I was right about Joe Randa, so not sure what your point is. He put up stats exactly within his career line and the Reds were not one bit better record wise while he played here. My point was then as it is now that he did not make the Reds better and they had in house solutions that would have made the Reds still bad but with money to spend elsewhere.

    Now, Wily Mo Pena I was wrong about. And Rich Aurilla. And Scott Hatteburg too.
    Apparently you are a big man Puffy.

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

  12. #206
    Box of Frogs edabbs44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,296

    Re: Post Rolen trade reactions

    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Horse hockey. Antonio Bryant and the Bengals say hi. They had full access and got it wrong.

    But sometimes you just kinda know. In this case, Walt knew Rolen as a person. He was banking on the person to facilitate a change in the clubhouse and it worked. I've never heard a person say a bad thing about Eric Milton. He obviously pitched in a lot of pain, so he's a gamer. And I still wanted no part of him. Rolen is 35, and his best years are behind him. NO WAY did Walt think he was getting what he got from Rolen this year. No. Way.

    I'm beyond thrilled it worked. And I know I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on the trade that brought him here. I do agree that giving up Stewart was too much, but I likely would have suffered through this year with Frazier at 3B.
    You are right, Walt knew the impact Rolen could have on the clubhouse and the other players. But we were also talking about him getting lucky with his health. I could have seen the doctors telling Walt "Look, you are going to get Rolen for 125 or so games and those 35 or so games he will miss will either be on your terms or in the form of 2 or more stints on the DL".

    The Reds have done well with him this season and we can't say that it has definitely been all about luck. They picked their spots when to rest him and to this point it has worked well.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25