Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Joey Votto 1 of 6 players without a weakness

Joey Votto 1 of 6 players without a weakness

We all know how good Votto is and that he can hit absolutely any pitch. I just wanted to share this article because I thought it was pretty interesting. Votto is named under number 25, which lists only 6 players in MLB that have no pitch weaknesses. I don't know exactly how accurate it is, considering Skip Schumaker is on it but not Pujols. But, it shows how great Joey really is.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
    Last edited by sivman17; 08-05-2009 at 07:45 PM. Reason: wrong url

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Joey Votto 1 of 6 players without a weakness

Well, the reason Pujols isn't one of the six is because he can't hit the splitter. Which of course led him to saying that Bailey will be a star in this league. So I guess take that, and the article for what its worth and thats about it.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Rich Harden sure seemed to have him tied up tonight. Would be curious to know what he was doing that most guys can't do against Joey.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Rich Harden sure seemed to have him tied up tonight. Would be curious to know what he was doing that most guys can't do against Joey.
    Joey didn't seem to be seeing the ball at all yesterday. He was swinging over the top of every off speed pitch.

I suspect it was just a real off night. I doubt Harden can replicate those results again.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

That splitter Harden threw owned Joey last night. Maybe he's like Pujols and cant hit the splitter but it just hasnt showed because he hasnt faced anyone that had a good one.

Turn Off Ads?