Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who would have been a better acquisition?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scott Rolen for Edwin, Roenicke and Stewart?

3 23.08%
  • Mark Reynolds for Edwin, Roenicke and Stewart?

10 76.92%

Thread: Nothing against Rolen, what if Arizona would have taken our players toronoto got?

Nothing against Rolen, what if Arizona would have taken our players toronoto got?

I am curious if others on here feel a Mark Reynolds over Scott Rolen would have been a better deal for what we gave Toronto? Mark has 32 homers! and alot cheaper contract
    Last edited by redsfan4445; 08-04-2009 at 11:39 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Nothing against Rolen, what if Arizona would have taken our players toronoto got?

He strikes out too much... Reds fans would have hated him and laid the blame of all losses at his feet.
    I know a lot of people are talking about his on-base percentage (.308 in 2008), but I like to think more in terms of him his in-scoring position percentage. - Our Beloved Manager

Re: Nothing against Rolen, what if Arizona would have taken our players toronoto got?

I don't think the Dbacks would've been willing to give up a guy with 32 HR's. The team already sucks, and that'd probably be a PR nightmare trading one of the few guys worth having on the team.

I don't think the D'backs even would have traded Reynolds for Rolen and EE, Roenicke and Stewart.

Too young, cheap and good.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Dude are you serious? Do at least a little research before posting a poll. Reynolds is a young 26 year old putting up huge numbers. They would not ever take what we gave them for Rolen.
    Last edited by Homer Bailey; 08-05-2009 at 12:09 AM.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Dude are you serious? Do at least a little research before posting a poll. Reynolds is a young 26 year old putting up huge numbers. They would not ever take what we gave them for Reynolds.
    Pretty sure you meant for Rolen...

But yeah, the Snakes would have wanted more than EE, Roenicke and Stewart for Reynolds I'm assuming...

Although adding Reynolds to this roster would make Marty's head explode due to all the strikeouts

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Pretty sure you meant for Rolen...

But yeah, the Snakes would have wanted more than EE, Roenicke and Stewart for Reynolds I'm assuming...

Although adding Reynolds to this roster would make Marty's head explode due to all the strikeouts
    Edited, and the last time I tried to send you a PM, it said you were over the limit. Just an FYI .

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Edited, and the last time I tried to send you a PM, it said you were over the limit. Just an FYI .
    I think my box has enough space now.

Just think, Reynolds in a Reds uni... putting up he who shall not be named numbers, but playing 3B...

Why stop at Reynolds?

David Wright would have been a great trade target, Albert Pujols too.

Would the Rays have accepted that for Longoria?

i was just asking and curious . everybody is short with ppl on this board anymore..

Turn Off Ads?