Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Stewart is a Top Ten Pitching Prospect ?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, in all of Baseball

11 10.28%
  • Yes, for the Reds only

85 79.44%
  • None of the Above

11 10.28%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Poll: Stewart; Top 10 Pitching Prospect in all of baseball?

Re: Poll: Stewart; Top 10 Pitching Prospect in all of baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    Incorrect. I said he wasn't a Top Ten OVERALL prospect for the Reds, IMO.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    Alonso
    Heisey
    Stubbs
    Frazier
    Valaika
    Francisco
    Wood
    Soto
    Cozart
    Fisher

There's 10 off the top of my head.

More, and just pitchers:
    Sulbaran
    Leake
    Thompson
    Ramirez
    Maloney
    Burton
    Roenicke
    Lotzar
    Buck
    Manuel (yes we just trade him).

Some of them have tasted the bigs, but they're still prospects.
    I lump Stewart in their with this 2nd tier of prospects (although I probably take Leake out of this and put him in the top 10 somewhere, he could start next year for the Reds IMO).
    doesnt sound like what you were saying here when I asked you to name 10 better prospects than Stewart.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    doesnt sound like what you were saying here when I asked you to name 10 better prospects than Stewart.
    Really?

Alonso
    Heisey
    Stubbs
    Frazier
    Valaika
    Francisco
    Wood
    Soto
    Cozart
    Fisher

There's 10 off the top of my head.

More, and just pitchers:
    Sulbaran
    Leake
    Thompson
    Ramirez
    Maloney
    Burton
    Roenicke
    Lotzar
    Buck
    Manuel (yes we just trade him).

Some of them have tasted the bigs, but they're still prospects.
    I lump Stewart in their with this 2nd tier of prospects (although I probably take Leake out of this and put him in the top 10 somewhere, he could start next year for the Reds IMO).
    Yes, he's not in my Top 10 Overall Reds Prospects.
    I lumped him in with the "Second Tier".
    Never did I say he wasn't a Top Ten Reds Pitching Prospect.
    Last edited by BLEEDS; 08-10-2009 at 04:59 PM.
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

You said there were 10 prospects much much better, said we gave up fodder, and then went on to say that hes not even on your top 10 list of pitching prospects. Just give it up man. You did everything you could to try to say Stewart isn't a good prospect and even went as far as naming as many as you could you thought were better. Maybe I'm just completely misunderstanding the meanings of some words.
    Last edited by GIDP; 08-10-2009 at 05:07 PM.

You said there were 10 prospects much much better, said we gave up fodder,
    True. I didn't say "much much", but I did say he wasn't in my Top Ten.

and then went on to say that hes not even on your top 10 list of pitching prospects.
    False.

Just give it up man. You did everything you could to try to say Stewart isn't a good prospect and even went as far as naming as many as you could you thought were better. Maybe I'm just completely misunderstanding the meanings of some words.
    Maybe. Or just playing stupid. You tell me.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    True. I didn't say "much much", but I did say he wasn't in my Top Ten.

False.

Maybe. Or just playing stupid. You tell me.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    How exactly are Roenicke and Stewart "TOP" prospects? I can name about 10 that are much much better.
    I must be playing stupid there also. I quoted the list of 10 guys you thought were better than Stewart. Maybe I am playing stupid but it seems to be like Im not making these quotes up out of thin air.

I must be playing stupid there also. I quoted the list of 10 guys you thought were better than Stewart. Maybe I am playing stupid but it seems to be like Im not making these quotes up out of thin air.

Perhaps. So I said "much much", I'm not really that concerned with that. I said he wasn't in my Reds Top Ten Prospects, that was the point.

You tried saying I said he wasn't a Top Ten Reds Pitching Prospect, which I never said. That is a bigger point of you playing stupid.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Ok well I guess I just fabricated these quotes. I guess since its so obvious I have no idea what I'm talking about I'll bow out of the thread.

Ok well I guess I just fabricated these quotes. I guess since its so obvious I have no idea what I'm talking about I'll bow out of the thread.
    Is that your favorite line or something? Seriously, you use it all the time. "This person has no idea, that person has no idea, this person can't admit when they are wrong, blah blah blah" Get a grip.

Remember, this is a MESSAGE BOARD for all of us to share our OPINIONS on, and to agree and disagree. Nobody REALLY knows for sure on much of anything, especially when we are talking about minor league player projections.
    Nobody cares who is right or wrong, at least they shouldn't. Especially when it's so subjective at this point.

Relax dude. Don't take all the fun out of it.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

I was referring to how I must have no idea what I'm talking about when I quote you. I clearly must be making things up, and thus having no idea what I'm talking about.

Now I'm really out of this thread.

I was referring to how I must have no idea what I'm talking about when I quote you. I clearly must be making things up, and thus having no idea what I'm talking about.

Now I'm really out of this thread.
    Are you sure this time?

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Just let this thread die already, its not really even discussing anything anymore.
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

PM's work well in situations like this...

Turn Off Ads?