Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Budget / Ultra Compact Digital Camera Advice Needed

Budget / Ultra Compact Digital Camera Advice Needed

Hi all,

I am looking for an inexpensive ultra compact digital camera that will comfortably fit in my pocket; it will primarily be used for snapshots to be uploaded to the web, emailed, etc. Video is a plus, particularly if there no maximum length once a memory card is installed, as is the addition of sound, but that will not be my primary use for the camera. An important feature to me is the ability to snap one shot and then quickly be able to snap another with as minimal downtime as possible. I'd prefer to buy one that is at least 10 MP, but if there's something that better fits what I'm looking for, I'd certainly consider it. I'm looking to spend up to approximately $200 and all of the below cameras fall within that budget.

Based on my initial research, the models I'm considering are as follows: the Olympus Stylus 1010 (10.1MP), the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W220 (12.1MP) and the Kodak EasyShare M1093IS (10MP). Based on my needs listed above, does anyone have a recommendation of those three - or another model that may better fit what I'm looking for? If you have any questions for me, please let me know...thanks so much in advance for your help.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Budget / Ultra Compact Digital Camera Advice Needed

Digital Photography Review has loads of information. I am pretty sure the ones you are looking at are reviewed there.
    Last edited by SunDeck; 08-05-2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Typo
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Digital Photography Review has loads of information. I am pretty sure the ones you are looking at are reviewed there.
    I also posted this topic in their forum, too - there are some user reviews for the models I'm considering that I'll reread, but no reviews from DPR. Thanks for your help.

Boss, have you tried this?

Actually, it's uncanny how much that looks like a camera from now.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

I ended up going with the Olympus Stylus 1010 - I was able to pick up a refurbished model for $119. Thanks for everyone's help.

I was just going to say you might as well get one with the camera, wi-fi, cell phone all in one.

Turn Off Ads?