Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Lecure and Wood

Lecure and Wood

For next year's Reds staff, I don't see why these two aren't real options. Maloney has been tried and my guess is they weren't satisfied that he's a viable option for them. Lehr could earn a spot if he succeeds in his stint, but my guess is they view him as AAA insurance. But Lecure and Wood could be part of a staff next year.

Lecure has been excellent in June - August. He probably projects as a long relief, spot starter at this point, but he certainly is a real option for the 12-man staff next year. His big problem is the long ball, but he's done better in that department after May. He has had excellent streak periods at AA last year and AAA this year.

Wood should be good enough for the fifth starter slot next year on the Reds. His AA numbers this year were unreal, he was too good for that level. His last AAA outing was very good, it will take some time, but he's just a hot pitcher. The Reds need a lefty starter, I don't see why he shouldn't be given a shot next year.

With Volquez out, the Reds may need to spend on a TOR starter in the off-season. I don't see why they can't fill out the staff with these two young pitchers.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lecure and Wood

Wood for sure needs to be considered if only because he's the top lefty prospect we have and we don't have one in the starting rotation. Not saying it's a necessity, but I'd love to find someway to get Owings into long relief and someone else into the rotation. If Wood and/or Lecure is that option(s), then great, if not, we need to try and look for another starter if possible. Not sure it will happen, but it needs to in my opinion, even if it means moving Arroyo or Harang to the back of the rotation (though they wouldn't be paid as such) and bring in someone better.

Re: Lecure and Wood

Ramon Ramirez and Ben Jukish have also pitched well lately.

Turn Off Ads?