Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Per John Fays Twitter _Brandon would play SS if the reds want him too

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Per John Fays Twitter _Brandon would play SS if the reds want him too

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    You almost seem personal about your hatred for Brandon. Weird, weird, weird. I'm not sure how you haven't broken the rules yet on here.
    Personal hatred b/c I think Brandon Phillips is the most exciting Red to watch, and sometimes the only reason I want to watch the Reds just to see what kind of defensive gem he can make?

Or is it personal hatred b/c I think Brandon Phillips is an out-making machine?

Which is it?

I'm glad Brandon Phillips plays for the Reds, and he's an exciting player. I just wish he contributed more offensively at times.

So I guess that's personal hatred?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Per John Fays Twitter _Brandon would play SS if the reds want him too

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Personal hatred b/c I think Brandon Phillips is the most exciting Red to watch, and sometimes the only reason I want to watch the Reds just to see what kind of defensive gem he can make?

Or is it personal hatred b/c I think Brandon Phillips is an out-making machine?

Which is it?

I'm glad Brandon Phillips plays for the Reds, and he's an exciting player. I just wish he contributed more offensively at times.

So I guess that's personal hatred?
    He could stand to get on base more, no question. However, in 2 of the past 3 seasons, he's had a league-average OBP for his position. I'd reserve the "out-making machine" comments for the people that best deserve it (Taveras, etc.)

As far as Dunn is concerned, he said several times he didn't really want to move to 1B and that he was not comfortable there. Arizona was new for him, so I'm sure he did not feel like he had been there long enough to justify telling them he didn't want to play that position.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?