Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Redszone Gathering (Aug 28 thru 30th): Need To Order Tickets. Who Is Coming?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Redszone Gathering (Aug 28 thru 30th): Need To Order Tickets. Who Is Coming?

Alright Zoners. That end of August home stand vs the Dodgers is approaching fast, and we need people to step up and show a FIRM commitment as to who is coming, and what dates you plan on attending, so we can get this thing organized and order tickets.

That's why we started a separate sticky.

Chip and I are trying to find someone locally (hint, hint Kitty Duran) to then help us acquire the group tickets once we can get a set number and dates.

So lets utilize this thread to gather that information.

Remember..... rfs62 is planning on coming up for a couple of those games. It will be his first trip to GABP ever.

So lets step up to the plate and get this thing going.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Re: Redszone Gathering (Aug 28 thru 30th): Need To Order Tickets. Who Is Coming?

Be sure to get RFS seats in the section that he can fit his wheelchair in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Re: Redszone Gathering (Aug 28 thru 30th): Need To Order Tickets. Who Is Coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Be sure to get RFS seats in the section that he can fit his wheelchair in.
    He's gonna give you **** when he gets here! :

FURTHER NOTE TO ALL:

Once we determine who is coming, number of tickets, and dates, we'll probably do like we did in the past and give options for paying for the tickets...

1) Paypal acount

2) If some aren't comfortable with the above, then they can send a check or money order to the "point" person.

3) RFS buys all the tickets with his AARP discount. :
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Got this from the Reds today:

The starting time for the Reds' game against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Saturday, Aug. 29, 2009 at Great American Ball Park has been changed to 4:10 p.m. ET to accommodate the FOX national television broadcast. The game originally was scheduled to begin at 7:10 p.m. ET. Gates will open 90 minutes prior to game time as usual at 2:40 p.m. ET.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Kitty and I were talking in chat after the game last night and we thought that it would be best if we walked up before the game and got tickets. That way no one's on the hook for tickets if someone can't make it.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Kitty and I were talking in chat after the game last night and we thought that it would be best if we walked up before the game and got tickets. That way no one's on the hook for tickets if someone can't make it.
    I really wanted to come, but they changed our schedules at work and there's a new product rollout in September, doubt I can get off for the weekend. If you all decide to do walkup tickets, I might be able to shake loose for a game.

That's fine; but I talked with rfs this morning and he said he'd really like to get some good seats (field level) since he's coming all the way from Florida, it's his first trip to GABP, and it's not possible for him to get up here that often. And I can't blame him one bit. If I lived a great distance away, and my trips were rare, I'd like to get the best seats I could afford.

Not presuming to speak for him, but it's possible nate and wife, who I think have never been to GABP either, may feel the same, and that they'd like to get the best seats possible.

So the question is.....

Depending on the number in the group, can we get those field level seats together as walk-ups?

Or do break it down into two different groups depending on seating availability and preference? We still can meet before/after game.

Commitments so far (amendable)....

GAC
    rfs62
    Chip
    Kitty
    Nate (2)
    Cyclone (2)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    That's fine; but I talked with rfs this morning and he said he'd really like to get some good seats (field level) since he's coming all the way from Florida, it's his first trip to GABP, and it's not possible for him to get up here that often. And I can't blame him one bit. If I lived a great distance away, and my trips were rare, I'd like to get the best seats I could afford.

Not presuming to speak for him, but it's possible nate and wife, who I think have never been to GABP either, may feel the same, and that they'd like to get the best seats possible.

So the question is.....

Depending on the number in the group, can we get those field level seats together as walk-ups?

Or do break it down into two different groups depending on seating availability and preference? We still can meet before/after game.

Commitments so far (amendable)....

GAC
    rfs62
    Chip
    Kitty
    Nate (2)
    Cyclone (2)
    Well, no tickets for me because the series is part of my season ticket package.
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

High five!

The missus, myself and Gordy the dog are looking into it! It would be for Saturday and Sunday but I think we'd come up Friday after the wife gets out of work.

Sign me up for one, GAC. Which night looks like the more attended one? Don't think I can make both games.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Sign me up for one, GAC. Which night looks like the more attended one? Don't think I can make both games.
    I would say Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    I would say Saturday.

I dunno since they changed the time. But that should work out well for RFS since it'll get him to bed at a decent hour like he's used to at Del Boca Vista Phase II.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I dunno since they changed the time. But that should work out well for RFS since it'll get him to bed at a decent hour like he's used to at Del Boca Vista Phase II.

Means we'll miss the early bird special at the cafeteria as well.

Better watch out, sonny. We'll thrash you to within an inch of your life with our walkers. Remember, age and treachery trumps all.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Means we'll miss the early bird special at the cafeteria as well.

Better watch out, sonny. We'll thrash you to within an inch of your life with our walkers. Remember, age and treachery trumps all.

I just hope you two don't gum me to death. Or bore me with your stories about tying an onion to your belts. Can you take Metamucil into the games?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

That's right! We can still kick the crap out of you. It's just that we won't remember it 15 minutes later.

When rfs meets up with Chip he's gonna give new meaning to 7th inning stretch. HOLY COW!

Turn Off Ads?