Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Redszone Gathering (Aug 28 thru 30th): Need To Order Tickets. Who Is Coming?

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Re: Redszone Gathering (Aug 28 thru 30th): Need To Order Tickets. Who Is Coming?

I may be in if it is decided to do walk-up tickets. Otherwise, I really dont want to order tickets for a game I may not be able to make. I've been doing a lot of traveling this summer (will be in Pittsburgh the weekend before), and I am not sure I can or will be up to making it.....either way, Hope you all have a great time!!

GO REDS

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Redszone Gathering (Aug 28 thru 30th): Need To Order Tickets. Who Is Coming?

Just talked with rfs this morning.

There is one, maybe two, hurricanes possibly coming into Florida later this week. So he has to play it by ear and see what happens. He'll know for sure by next weekend, and that is when I was going to order the tix anyway.

So I just wanted to update everyone.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Just talked with rfs this morning.

There is one, maybe two, hurricanes possibly coming into Florida later this week. So he has to play it by ear and see what happens. He'll know for sure by next weekend, and that is when I was going to order the tix anyway.

So I just wanted to update everyone.
    RFS needs to hone his hurricane prediction skills. Neither Ana nor Bill look like threats. Ana won't make it past tropical Storm and Bill looks to veer north.

I wouldn't worry about those two.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    RFS needs to hone his hurricane prediction skills. Neither Ana nor Bill look like threats. Ana won't make it past tropical Storm and Bill looks to veer north.

RFS bases all his predictions off the Galveston hurricane of 1900. He really helped those folks out a lot.

Don't worry about tickets, folks. There are going to be a bunch of us sitting in the seats behind 1st or 3rd but if you want to get your own tickets and then come down if we have empties by us, feel free. Just make sure you come to the before and after-parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post

Yeah, but what about Claudette? :

And who names a tropical storm Bill? So plain.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

And who names a tropical storm Bill? So plain.
    Names are set through 2014

No Gregs but Alex starts the 2010 Atlantic season.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutnames.shtml

People who live in Florida really need to bookmark the National Hurricane Centers site.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

Well, my oldest sister has always been a pain... Oh... you mean the weather!
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I'd love to attend, but I'll be working (giving food to people at the Hofbrauhaus) on both Friday and Saturday night. I plan on going to the game on Sunday, though.

Life is getting in the way. I'm not going to be able to make this.

Stat geek...and proud

I'd love to make it...but I've got a lot of stuff going on that weekend. Maybe next year. I've always wanted to make it to one of these. I'm a lot cooler in person than on the board.

Updated (8/19).....

GAC Friday and Saturday
    rfs62 Friday and Saturday
    Chip Friday and Saturday
    nate (2) Saturday
    Roy Tucker Saturday
    redhawkfish (1) Friday (2) Saturday
    Reds Baron (4) Saturday

Cyclone (and friend), as well as Kitty, are getting their own tickets.

So as of right now, I'm looking at purchasing 4 tix for Friday, and 12 for Saturday.

I've checked ticket prices and what is available.....

For 4 Field Level seats for Friday, I can get section 131, Row S, which is directly in line with 1B. I've sat in the general area before. Pretty good seats. You're looking at $45/seat w/taxes + processing fees. I haven't purchased them yet; but will probably do so tomorrow. I want to talk with rfs before doing so.

For Saturday we aren't going to be able to get Field level seats to really help us out at all. Even when I tried to break the group of 12 down into two groups of 6. If I wanted to break it down even more..... 4 sitting here, two there, two over here, two over there..... I could get them. But I think that kind of defeats the purpose of the get-together.

I can get 12 seats together in View Level Box, either sections 432 or 433. They are $25/seat. It's in the same area as the Field Level seats, by 1B, just up two levels higher, but below the highest 500 sections. And even when I tried to break it down into two groups of 6 it's in the same level.

So that is where we stand zoners.

I'm going to buy the tickets this Friday.

Also.....

Since the Saturday game is a 4:10 game, are there any interested in going to the HOF? I know most of you "locals" have been there; but I'm mainly thinking of those out-of-towners coming in. Not sure, but I think you can get a discoun with your same day ticket.

Tickets purchased folks!

Friday.... 4 Field Level seats, Section 131, row MM ($48/each)

Saturday..... 12 View Level seats, Section 433, row D ($27/each)

I printed out the Friday tickets; but the Saturday we will pick up using Kiosk.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I'm playing it by ear still, depending on if I end up with out of town freight or not. If I'm in town, I'll buy a walk up ticket and find you guys.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I'm playing it by ear still, depending on if I end up with out of town freight or not. If I'm in town, I'll buy a walk up ticket and find you guys.
    I'm sure you will.

For both Friday and Saturday's game we're going to meet up at Gameday prior. On Friday we'll probaly try to be at Gameday around 5. For Saturday, since it's a 4:10 game, probably around 2.

I've already talked with RedsBaron for Sat's game. He has my cellphone #, so we'll hook up with him and family somewhere outside the stadium prior to start of the game to get the tickets.

The rest of you, I think, have my cellphone #, other then nate, Roy, and Cyclone. But I will remedy that via PMs.

Turn Off Ads?