Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Big spending paying off this year

Big spending paying off this year

Right now 7 of the the top 8 highest spending teams in mlb would be in if the playoffs if they started today.I can't tell you how sick this makes me.Baseball not having a salary cap ranks right up there with no playoff in college football but I actually never hear people talk about it.

Baseball doesn't seem to mind when a unfair advantage is enjoyed weather its players taking steroids or big market teams squeezing the small market teams for players as long as it makes them money.Maybe baseball should take a look at how the NFL does things and how having a competitive balance has created the most successful run for a spots league ever in the US.I' m sure the major league baseball player association would rather let the sport die then give in to the kind of structure the NFL has but the owners would make money and the fans would love it.That is unless you're a fan of a team playing in New York,Boston,Chicago and a few other cities.
    Last edited by Captain Hook; 08-06-2009 at 11:54 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Big spending paying off this year

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Right now the top 8 highest spending teams in mlb would be in if the playoffs if they started today.I can't tell you how sick this makes me.Baseball not having a salary cap ranks right up there with no playoff in college football but I actually never hear people talk about it.

Baseball doesn't seem to mind when a unfair advantage is enjoyed weather its players taking steroids or big market teams squeezing the small market teams for players as long as it makes them money.Maybe baseball should take a look at how the NFL does things and how having a competitive balance has created the most successful run for a spots league ever in the US.I' m sure the major league baseball player association would rather let the sport die then give in to the kind of structure the NFL has but the owners would make money and the fans would love it.That is unless you're a fan of a team playing in New York,Boston,Chicago and a few other cities.
    Very good post, it's out of control, and probably not going to be fixed. It's clearly an unfair advantage to bigger market teams.

Re: Big spending paying off this year

it almost seems as if they are breaking the law....you know like when congress steps in college football and says that not having a playoff is something that needs to be discussed........why are they not discussing that fact of baseball being so lopsided? I guess the better question is why do the owners allow it?

Turn Off Ads?