Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jays see potential in Encarnacion's glove

Jays see potential in Encarnacion's glove

Good luck with that Toronto.Here's a quote from the Article that sounds very familiar.

"Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez sent a sharply hit grounder down the third-base line, where Encarnacion made a nice backhanded stab at the ball. After gathering himself, Encarnacion sent the baseball skipping across the diamond to first, where Rodriguez easily reached for an infield single. It was the type of difficult play Rolen has made look routine over the years".

Here's the link

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news...=.jsp&c_id=tor

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jays see potential in Encarnacion's glove

Thought I'd add that with Toronto EE is 3-16 with 0 BB.That a .188 avg. and obp. in case you wondered.

It's really pretty simple... Edwin Sucks, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Thought I'd add that with Toronto EE is 3-16 with 0 BB.That a .188 avg. and obp. in case you wondered.
    higher average than rolen so far and they got 2 good young arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy Weathers View Post
    higher average than rolen so far and they got 2 good young arms.
    Yeah Rolen is down to what - .315 or something on the year? EE continues to bat below the Mendoza line.

Rolen also has a 2 run game deciding HR, along with stellar defense.

In EdE's small defense, he's facing most pitchers he's never seen before. Can't say the same for Rolen, though it's been a while since he probably saw these pitchers to remember them all.

As for EdE's glove, typical great play one time, stupid play the next. He's not Scott Rolen, he's a pretty good fielder, but I'd be shocked if he ever hit .270+ and not make 20+ errors in a single season. He'll be gone for Toronto in less than 3 years, I can guarentee it.

In his time with the Reds since coming off the DL on July 3rd he helped the team manage to go 6-18.I though he was supposed to help.I'm certainly not saying it was all his fault just that we won't miss him.

I held out hope for Edwin just like everyone else, but this season I deecided that he just wasn't going to get it. Atrocious fielding (referring to his throws to first, not his glove) and sub par hitting, that's what you can expect out of Edwin.

Edwin's glove was never his problem....he could pick them up, the just couldn't get them to where they needed to go. Seems like that's got to be more mental than anything else. You could probably live with that if his bat ever lived up to the promise, but I think pretty much all of us got tried of wating for it.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy Weathers View Post
    they got 2 good young arms.
    That's the unfortunate part
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Girevik View Post
    Edwin's glove was never his problem....he could pick them up, the just couldn't get them to where they needed to go. Seems like that's got to be more mental than anything else. You could probably live with that if his bat ever lived up to the promise, but I think pretty much all of us got tried of wating for it.
    At least he never got to the point of Chuck Knoblauch.

How's that .111 average looking of Rolen's?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    How's that .111 average looking of Rolen's?
    Why would that bother anyone after just 9 ABs?Besides I wasn't running EE in the ground just thought that since I started a thread about him I'd give an update.He has a hit tonight.Good for EE.

Why would that bother anyone after just 9 ABs?Besides I wasn't running EE in the ground just thought that since I started a thread about him I'd give an update.He has a hit tonight.Good for EE.
    I hope EE never gets a hit again. He was one of the most frustrating players i've ever sat through watching, and was happy to leave. Goodbye, and good riddance to bad luck.

Turn Off Ads?