Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lasik

Re: Lasik

Had some minor issues with halo at night. Wife occasionally has dry eye issues. But the upside far outweighs any of the drawbacks I've experienced. Imagine trading away Juan Castro & Eric Milton and getting Albert Pujols in return. That's what lasik is.

All you need to do is stretch out on the table and look up for about 30 seconds. I actually watched my wife have her surgery done.

In my next life, if I can't be a Brazilian soccer player, I want to be a lasik surgeon.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    This about made me pass out.
    Yep, me too. Will not be getting PRK. You lost me at "scalpel".

15fan, I appreciate the baseball analogy.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

My wife had Lasik about three years ago. She was a bit nervous but is very glad she had it done. Before, she could barely make out the numbers on her digital alarm clock. Now, she's right around 20/20. She has had some issues with dry eyes but drops take care of that.

Good luck to you, vaticanplum!
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

My eye doctor felt that my corneas weren't good candidates for LASIK, so that's why I had the PRK surgery. It was explained to me very thoroughly, and I can't imagine what it'd be like to still be wearing glasses or contacts. It's the little things you don't miss...like trying to fall asleep with glasses on your head, raindrops or snowflakes smearing your glasses, trying to find a decent fitting pair of sunglasses, toddlers who bend and scratch your glasses, waking up in the middle of the night to feed a baby and you can't find your glasses, going swimming and actually opening your eyes under water and seeing more than 2 feet in front of you, etc. The list goes on and on.

Like others have stated, quite possibly the best money I've ever spent in my life. But DO make sure you put money into a flex spending account. Our enrollment period is usually November of each year, so I made sure I put a hefty amount for the next year into that fund, then had the surgery in February.

With PRK, the recovery is longer than LASIK, with some of the same complications...dry eyes, night driving tough at first. They did one eye, allowed me to recover for a week, then the second eye a week later. That week of having 1 good eye and 1 bad eye was hell though...especially when you're working on a computer screen all day.

I've been on Restasis off and on since my surgery, since my eyes are still pretty dry. It's a small price to pay for having 20/20 vision. Bright sunny days, I can see for miles. It's the dusk period which is really tough on me, and that's when rewetting drops help.

Overall, I'd do it again, and again, and again.

Turn Off Ads?