Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Assuming he shows no improvement, what should be done with Homer Bailey next year?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • He stays in the 2010 rotation

57 65.52%
  • Put him in the bullpen

18 20.69%
  • Trade him

9 10.34%
  • DFA him (send him down/expose him to waivers)

0 0%
  • Who cares? I'm sick of hearing about him

3 3.45%

Thread: Homer Bailey

Threaded View

Homer Bailey

Homer Bailey currently has an ERA of 7.06. While he is young and must take his lumps, it is debatable as to whether or not he's even showing improvement. While his upside has always been there, I believe he MUST show SOME improvement if he is to be counted on whatsoever going forward. Whether or not we buy it, the Rolen trade indicates the Reds front office wants to compete in 2010.

So my question is this- If Homer Bailey doesn't lower his ERA below 6.00 by the end of the season, what should be done with him? At what point do you forego his upside for the sake of the team?
    Last edited by Benihana; 08-07-2009 at 12:44 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?