Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Assuming he shows no improvement, what should be done with Homer Bailey next year?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • He stays in the 2010 rotation

57 65.52%
  • Put him in the bullpen

18 20.69%
  • Trade him

9 10.34%
  • DFA him (send him down/expose him to waivers)

0 0%
  • Who cares? I'm sick of hearing about him

3 3.45%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Homer Bailey

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Homer Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post

So should Homer start dating Kim Kardashian?
    Well, she is available...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post

I could see Volquez eventually becoming the closer after his Tommy John surgery.
    And I'd be ok with that too.

Put guys in a situation to be successful. So far, I don't think we've seen Homer put in a situation to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    And I'd be ok with that too.

Put guys in a situation to be successful. So far, I don't think we've seen Homer put in a situation to be successful.
    Give him a rifle or a shotgun somewhere in a field in Texas. That would probably be an ideal situation for Homer.

I watch homer lately, and I see a kid who needs to make a pitch or two here and there to be a very good starter.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I watch homer lately, and I see a kid who needs to make a pitch or two here and there to be a very good starter.
    Agree, Joseph. He is very close. Still doesn't look totally comfortable out there, but he is learning and I see a lot of progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Absolutely. Hanigan did him no favors with that dumb pitch call to Molina. On the other HR, they were busting him inside in that spot all night, Homer did it again -- in a good spot -- but the guy was sitting on it on the first pitch.

The Giants got very few good swings against Homer last night. It just so happened that two of them went out of the park.

I wouldn't give up on him at all. He still was working at an easy 96-97 late in the game. He's making progress. Now isn't the time to get impatient.

When Sandy Koufax was Homer's age, he walked 105 in 158 innings and led the league in wild pitches. Now, no one's saying Homer's going to be a tenth of Sandy Koufax, but the point is that players progress at all kinds of different rates. Patience....
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Homer seems to be kind of a slow learner...at every level it has taken him 2 or 3 seasons to become a dominant pitcher. The good point is that he has some serious determination...he doesn't seem to give up easily, if ever. I think we're in for a couple of seasons of up and down performances before he really settles in and shows what Homer is really capable of. I, for one, hope he is still a Red when he does 'get it'. We missed the learning seasons for Volquez...he did that in Texas, but we saw Cueto learn (from mistakes) a lot last season and quite a bit less this season. I just think it will take Homer a little longer, but he'll come around. Patience.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    Give him a rifle or a shotgun somewhere in a field in Texas. That would probably be an ideal situation for Homer.
    Hey, that works too.

Trade him to the Rangers, let him go to his thing....

Turn Off Ads?