Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Still shopping...Pavano to the Twins

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Still shopping...Pavano to the Twins

"I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Re: Still shopping...Pavano to the Twins

With Volquez out for most of, if not all of, next year, I would be reluctant to trade one of our innings eaters unless we are sure that we have an in-house option or can sign a cheaper option.

With that said, maybe we can work an Arroyo to the Red Sox coming off of Smoltz's shaky start last night...
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by REDSEER View Post
    With Volquez out for most of, if not all of, next year, I would be reluctant to trade one of our innings eaters unless we are sure that we have an in-house option or can sign a cheaper option.
    Actually, I agree with this statement. Unless Jocketty can definitely parlay the savings into another, better starter, I don't want to trade Harang or Arroyo. His recent history of turning the Griffey/Dunn savings into Tavares is not very encouraging.

With that said, maybe we can work an Arroyo to the Red Sox coming off of Smoltz's shaky start last night...
    The Sox can afford to take Arroyo's contract and may be ready to make a panic trade.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Smoltz can't get LHHs out and gives up too many HRs, they traded Masterson, who can't get LHHs out and gives up too many HRs, ...
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Smoltz can't get LHHs out and gives up too many HRs, they traded Masterson, who can't get LHHs out and gives up too many HRs, ...
    I wasn't necessarily saying that it would be a good trade for the Red Sox, just that they might be panicking a bit after the 8-run 4th the Yanks put up last night and be ready to make a trade, whether it's a good one or not.
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

I wasn't necessarily saying that it would be a good trade for the Red Sox, just that they might be panicking a bit after the 8-run 4th the Yanks put up last night and be ready to make a trade, whether it's a good one or not.
    Oh, they might panic, but more likely in a different direction considering the circumstantial similarities, though.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Pavano's numbers are not very good, but he doesn't arrive come to the Twins with a hefty contract. I wonder who the player to be named is. They were either in a hurry to complete the deal or the player is currently on the active roster.

"American Idle."

Ouch. By your own teammates, no less. That's rough.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I believe its much easier to find a new pitching coach to make Bronson and Aaron pitch more effective on a consistent basis than it is to replace Bronson and Aaron.
    Where we gonna go?

Turn Off Ads?