Turn Off Ads?

Thread: wily mo

wily mo

he was released by the mets in june from their triple a team. He was batting 276 with 5 hr, he's only 27 years old. I would think it would at least be worth a flyer on him to see what he has left. He is also a right handed hitter which we continue to look for.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: wily mo

been there, done that
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

i would like to see wily mo back. what's the harm? we all know the tremendous power he has, and the year after he left the reds he batted .301 with the bosox. even if he bats .250 with 30 HRs it's a major improvement with the crap we send out there now

I say give him a try. I remember seeing "groupies" in the stands one game I was at. I am sure they would also like to see him back.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

"he's a Sagittarius... (Wily Mo, Wily Mo)"

... yeah I remember him.

did he come to the reds with the great brandon claussen?

Mar 21, 2001 - The Yankees reobtain 3B prospect Drew Henson‚ along with OF Michael Coleman‚ from the Reds for hot prospect OF Wily Mo Pena and cash.

He would at least make batting practice fun.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

I have a slow pitch softball team he could play on. I think he is probably more suited for that.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

For all the negative things that have said about Willy Mo, he did allow the Reds to get Bronson Arroyo. Bronson has taken the ball every 5th day and pitched some very good games, and has seen his share of games with vary little run support.

this guy had so much potential, but really had no understanding of the game. Relied completely on his athleticism.

Turn Off Ads?