Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Demons resurfacing for Hamilton?

Old Demons resurfacing for Hamilton?

http://deadspin.com/5332801/the-devi...yline=true&s=x

I hope this was simply a night of drinking a bit too much, but it doesn't look great...

As much as I like Josh (was my favorite player when he was with the Reds), this is why no matter what, we made the right move in getting Volquez.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Old Demons resurfacing for Hamilton?

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    As much as I like Josh (was my favorite player when he was with the Reds), this is why no matter what, we made the right move in getting Volquez.

Got that right.

I dont see him with a drink in his hands in any of the photos. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Johnny Narron says photos were fake

http://deadspin.com/5332909/josh-ham...hotos-are-real

TBH... I really doubt the photo's were faked.

That being said, as long as he's not doing drugs, I'm 100% in his corner still. Obviously he's a very impulsive, thrill-seeking personality type. A crazy night of drinking isn't out of the realm of possibility... As long as it ends there and doesn't hurt anyone, or lead to drug use..

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    TBH... I really doubt the photo's were faked.

That being said, as long as he's not doing drugs, I'm 100% in his corner still. Obviously he's a very impulsive, thrill-seeking personality type. A crazy night of drinking isn't out of the realm of possibility... As long as it ends there and doesn't hurt anyone, or lead to drug use..
    A crazy night of drinking would probably lead to a crazy night of recreational drug use for a recovering addict.

Looks like he was just enjoying some enhanced chesticles, though. Who cares (besides his wife, of course)?

It also looks like a site that likes to see people fall, so the photos could have been easily doctored up.

There is no doubt in my mind its Josh Hamilton. Now it just depends on how old they are and if MLB network was shopped onto the TVs to make it look recent.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce View Post
    A crazy night of drinking would probably lead to a crazy night of recreational drug use for a recovering addict.

Looks like he was just enjoying some enhanced chesticles, though. Who cares (besides his wife, of course)?
    Wrong... does it increase the likelihood? Certainly. But they don't have to go together. Hamilton is tested every 3 days according to Narron. That's not enough time to get coke out of the system.

I was addicted to coke and meth myself... I can get drunk to this day without feeling like I need to enhance that with a narcotic.

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

I closed the ORG equivalent thread because it was approaching this from a "religion angle". You guys are ok so far, but please keep the religion components of this issue out of this thread.

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I dont see him with a drink in his hands in any of the photos. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
    I am sure that makes his WIFE feel better.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I am sure that makes his WIFE feel better.
    Im sure it does too

After provocative pictures surfaced on Saturday morning, Josh Hamilton admitted that he suffered a lapse in his sobriety in January.
    "I'm embarrassed about it. For the Rangers, I'm embarrassed about it. For my wife, my kids," Hamilton said. "It's one of those things that just reinforces about alcohol. Unfortunately, it happened. It just reinforces to me that if I'm out there getting ready for a season and taking my focus off the most important thing in my recovery, which is my relationship with Christ, it's amazing how those things creep back in." No disciplinary action will be taken by the Rangers, who were told about the incident the day after it happened.

The girls in the photos looked like they knew what they were doing.All of the photos appeared to be staged IMO.I can't imagine the circumstances behind Josh allowing the photo shoot happen.He must have been very drunk/under the influence of drugs or else he is just plain dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    .He must have been very drunk/under the influence of drugs or else he is just plain dumb.
    My guess is both.

Turn Off Ads?