Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where are the haters?

RotoHester

where are the haters?

If Willy T or Phillips was in a slump like Mr. Votto currently finds himself in, this board would be FULL of posts calling for their heads. Why are there no such posts about Joey?

BTW, I'm no batting coach, but his head is ALL OVER THE PLACE when he swings right now. It can't be possible to 'keep your eye on the ball' when you look like a bobble-head at the plate!

Get it going Joey! This board loves you too much to see you struggle!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: where are the haters?

when willy starts hitting like votto did earlier in the season, get back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wojo1025 View Post
    If Willy T or Phillips was in a slump like Mr. Votto currently finds himself in, this board would be FULL of posts calling for their heads. Why are there no such posts about Joey?

BTW, I'm no batting coach, but his head is ALL OVER THE PLACE when he swings right now. It can't be possible to 'keep your eye on the ball' when you look like a bobble-head at the plate!

Willy T has shown himself to be mired in a season long slump because he isnt a major league caliber hitter now. Tavares is a joke, to even utter him when comparing Votto is a jjoke. When he even approaches Phillips type production tell me cause it will be the first time.

Joey showed that he belongs hitting in the majors. He's hitting what .330 with 17 HRs? I think that speaks for itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

Really? you can ask this with a straight face?

How could you possible have a personal vendeta against votto. He's been the smile amongst a thousand frowns this season.

Every player hits a cold streak. it will pass young one.

People need to realize Joey comes to bat alot now with two outs and no one on base. Maybe he is pressing or trying to do too much or maybe he is in a bit of a slump. Could be a combination of both.
    Either way..Joey can hit. Put some guys in front who get on base and the pitches he sees will be alot better.

I just see it as the numbers coming back down to where they are supposed to be.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I just see it as the numbers coming back down to where they are supposed to be.
    Which are very very good numbers.

RotoHester

Please show me where I bashed Votto? I simply stated that if it were basically anyone else there would be a message board full of people calling for said player to be benched. I actually logged on today to read some of the poster's comments about Joey and was stunned when there were no threads going.

Again, I'll say it again, Get it going Joey, this board loves you too much to see you struggle....guess that's having a personal vendetta?

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    Which are very very good numbers.
    Yea but I was tore apart for saying Votto wasnt a .350 BA hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Willy T has shown himself to be mired in a season long slump because he isnt a major league caliber hitter now. Tavares is a joke, to even utter him when comparing Votto is a jjoke. When he even approaches Phillips type production tell me cause it will be the first time.

Joey showed that he belongs hitting in the majors. He's hitting what .330 with 17 HRs? I think that speaks for itself.
    Willy T's slump has been career long

He's still hitting over 300! When those other players you mentioned slump they hit below 225.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Yea but I was tore apart for saying Votto wasnt a .350 BA hitter.
    You said he was lucky, not that he's not a .350 hitter, that's a big difference.

Please show me where I bashed Votto? I simply stated that if it were basically anyone else there would be a message board full of people calling for said player to be benched. I actually logged on today to read some of the poster's comments about Joey and was stunned when there were no threads going.

Again, I'll say it again, Get it going Joey, this board loves you too much to see you struggle....guess that's having a personal vendetta?
    Come on, now. If Joey Votto is getting a little extra slack from the critics on this board...it's because he EARNED IT! the man has played all year like a superstar.

Turn Off Ads?