Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Advice: don't accidently brush up against Ozzie Guillen

Advice: don't accidently brush up against Ozzie Guillen

Don't Hit Us Or Else...

Such misplaced anger. I can understand the frustration, but if you don't think it's on purpose, deal with it. Injuries and wildness are part of the game.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Advice: don't accidently brush up against Ozzie Guillen

I'm embarrassed to say this, but I dig Guillen. He keeps creating an "us against you" vibe and many teams respond to that with wins.

I love me some Ozzie.

Quote Originally Posted by wally post View Post
    I'm embarrassed to say this, but I dig Guillen. He keeps creating an "us against you" vibe and many teams respond to that with wins.
    I'm entertained by his brash, but truthful demeanor. And I respect that he speaks his mind openly and honestly.

On this issue though, I think he's out of line.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

He's a jerk IMO. He acknowledges that the Sox players hit in the game vs the Indians the other night wasn't intentional and that they weren't being thrown at; but he's tired of seeing it so he is going to retaliate?

So he is going to order his pitchers to retaliate over being unintentionally HBP?

Going to create some sticky situations and unnecessary ejections.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

GAC, I agree with you - and that is why I said I am embarrassed, but he IS (IMO) toughening up his team for the run. There clearly is no template with Ozzie.

Ozzie is a fun train wreck to watch for now, but I am sure his act is going to wear off.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    He's a jerk IMO. He acknowledges that the Sox players hit in the game vs the Indians the other night wasn't intentional and that they weren't being thrown at; but he's tired of seeing it so he is going to retaliate?

So he is going to order his pitchers to retaliate over being unintentionally HBP?

BINGO

Ozzie's overrated. Everyone loves him because he's so different from everyone else and speaks his mind regardless, despite the fact that half the time he comes off sounding like an ignorant fool. He gets a free pass, and it's rather annoying.

Ozzie is funny, entertaining, and belittled Jay Marrioti but he is sometimes a terrible strategist and lacks common sense from time to time, your average big league manager.

I can't comment on what effect his personality has on his teams (If any at all), but he's not what he's been hyped up to be as this great manager.
    Baseball is not necessarily an obsessive-compulsive disorder, like washing your hands 100 times a day, but it's beginning to seem that way. We're reaching the point where you can be a truly dedicated, state-of-the-art fan or you can have a life. Take your pick. ~Thomas Boswell

Having a life is overrated.

I don't know why a manager has to say this kind of stuff to the media. It should just be implied, like it used to be. Hit ours, we're gonna hit yours.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post

Or some concussions and career altering injuries..... I'm sorry but Guillen is a loser.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I expect that Ozzie will be getting some vacation time approved by Bud Selig very soon.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

Turn Off Ads?