Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bengals Injuries start early

Bengals Injuries start early

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...9-9acdb18830ae

Looks like Reggie Kelly could possibly miss the season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bengals Injuries start early

Luckily they have another staple of health in Ben Utect and Chase Coffman.

Sucks losing Kelly if it is indeed a torn Achilles tendon. However it means that Utecht and Coffman will have to step up and be more than just pass catching threats. We also have Coats who before his transformation to fullback was considered a very good blocker. I wonder if Zach Stewart can play tight end?
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I know injuries are never a good thing, but this could be a blessing in disguise. I'm not a fan of Utecht, but Chase Coffman is something special. I really think he could be a darkhorse for rookie of the year.

That does suck, but I'm honestly hoping Coffman becomes the #1 tight end anyway. Kelly is kind of getting up there in years.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    That does suck, but I'm honestly hoping Coffman becomes the #1 tight end anyway. Kelly is kind of getting up there in years.
    Yea Kelly has pretty much turned into another line man. Although hes a good blocker if you see him catch a pass you go "holy crap Reggie Kelly is still on the team"

You almost forget hes there because of how often his name isnt called.

Coffman could be a beast with a healthy CP.

I hope Carson has a monster season. So many people have written him off as no longer being an elite quarterback way too prematurely.

Although Kelly has turned into an extra lineman, it would be nice to have his veteran presence a part of that line seeing as how the Bengals will start with three first or second year players and have one veteran switching positions. Keeping Carson upright has to be a main concern right now...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Coffman could be a beast with a healthy CP.

I hope Carson has a monster season. So many people have written him off as no longer being an elite quarterback way too prematurely.
    There's no way to tell what is going to happen, since they elected not to go the surgery route. He could come back as elite, or his arm could snap in two when he starts heating it up with the throws in a game-situation.

No way to tell.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

So, the Bengals lose their best blocking TE, with Smith/Collins and Whitworth manning the tackle positions?

How We Lookin?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I have always been worried about Whitworth on the left side. He just looks so slow over there and seemed to have problems with speed rushers last season. That being said I think Kelly was going to be slowly phased out this season anyway, and Coats can fill in when we need the extra protection.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    It'll be nice to see 5 guys blocking on the line instead of 6.

Kelly's injury is HUGE for the Bengals IMO. Utecht and Coffman are awful blockers. . .so this should definitely help their running game.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Over/under on how many games until CP is injured again? 5...6?

Coffman's coming off his own (foot?) injury too, I believe.

Unfortunately for him and Utecht, the TEs' in this offense are to: 1. Block 2. Block 3. Block 4. Block 5. Receive 6. Block 7. Block etc.

Can Bratkowski & Marvin adjust to having a receiving TE?

Stat geek...and proud

I feel for you guys who are both Reds and Bengals fans. Gluttons of punishment, you are.

/Colts fan here

/Not fair-weather, I'm a Hoosier

/fan since 1987

Turn Off Ads?