Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 2009-2010 College Football Thread

Re: Your 2009-2010 College Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    USC gets beat by Washington! Final score: 16-13 I actually had a feeling this was going to happen today and I honestly have no clue why I felt that way, LOL
    Me too. I knew it was coming. Washington actually has a very talented team, so this loss doesn't surprise me at all. I predicted USC will lose three, maybe four games this year and I still stand by that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

LOL at Mississippi State. Down 30-24 against LSU, Miss. St. had the ball at the LSU six inch yard line with a minute left and failed to score. That's horrible. Six inches. If you can't move the ball six inches in three tries then you shouldn't be playing football.

Miss St. is getting better though. There were some games last year when they were lucky to get 6 inches all game. They will get a win or two they shouldn't this year.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Mississippi State's QB would have scored on fourth down if he'd extended the ball even a little, but he kept it tucked. In that situation, there's no difference between being stopped and fumbling, it's worth the risk.

The third-down play was just a great play by the LSU guy, running across the formation and getting a hand on the pass intended for a wide-open receiver.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Oregon giving Cal a striaght up beatdown. I did a doubletake when I saw the score.

Note to officials, when two guys go to the ground each possessing the ball, it's a simultaneous possession and goes to the offense. When you have a chance to review that, do so and still miss the call I'm dumbfounded.

4 times since 1979 IU has had a chance to win a game in the Big House, each time a bad call at the end either gave Michigan a second chance, or as was the case today took away Indiana's last chance at winning the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Note to officials, when two guys go to the ground each possessing the ball, it's a simultaneous possession and goes to the offense. When you have a chance to review that, do so and still miss the call I'm dumbfounded.

4 times since 1979 IU has had a chance to win a game in the Big House, each time a bad call at the end either gave Michigan a second chance, or as was the case today took away Indiana's last chance at winning the game.
    The fix was in today. Can't prove it, but that was among the most egregious calls I have ever seen. The Big Ten benefits from getting Michigan another win. Indiana not so much. What a joke.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Tebow gets hit hard!

I am pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty623 View Post
    Tebow gets hit hard!

I am pleased.
    That's a bit much...

I can't stand Florida, but it's not good to see a guy carted off the field like that.

It wasn't so much the hit as the fact that he got kneed in the head on the way down.

And UK might have wanted to try that about two hours earlier than they did.

I don't know if IU would have went on to win or not but I was furious at that call. Complete BS.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I don't know if IU would have went on to win or not but I was furious at that call. Complete BS.
    I agree a terrible call! They couldn't even get it right on the replay. That's the most disturbing thing of all about it. IU fans have every right to be furious over that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    The fix was in today. Can't prove it, but that was among the most egregious calls I have ever seen. The Big Ten benefits from getting Michigan another win. Indiana not so much. What a joke.
    I've never been one to buy into conspiracies much, but I don't know what else to think when it comes to that call. If they wouldn't have reviewed it, I'd say well mistakes happen, but how anyone can watch a replay of that and still think it's an interception. The rules are pretty clear of what the call should have been.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I've never been one to buy into conspiracies much, but I don't know what else to think when it comes to that call. If they wouldn't have reviewed it, I'd say well mistakes happen, but how anyone can watch a replay of that and still think it's an interception. The rules are pretty clear of what the call should have been.
    That is exactly how I feel.

But the Hoosiers need to start scoring TDs in the Red Zone against quality competition if they are to have any hope of a winning season.

The "Pistol" isn't going to be as effective inside the 20 with a slow dropback passer like Ben Chappell, IMO.

Zone reads/option runs by Mitchell Evans, who is doing his best to ensure that Hoosier fans will forget about Kellen Lewis, may be just the tonic for the Red Zone blues.

part of BBN

Does anyone think they will ever change the celebration penalty in college ? Guys in the NFL can do most anything and it is okay. These kids who are playing on scholarship cant hardly do anything.
    I am watching the LSU/Georgia game and Georgia is probably going to lose because their guy "glanced" toward the crowd after the go ahead touchdown. Which with them leading by 1, they had a 15 yard penalty on the kickoff. LSU went on to retake the lead.
    Now as far as the game itself, it didnt matter to me who won, but overall I wish they would change that penalty as kids get excited after scoring and the refs dont let them doing anything.
    They might as well lay the ball down and all walk calmly back to the sideline. Maybe the others here like it. I am just curious how others feel.

Turn Off Ads?