FCS (I-AA) all the way! Right, Chip?
    You know it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Your 2009-2010 College Football Thread

I don't see OSU losing to USC. A first year starting QB coming into the Shoe and beating Ohio State... I'm not sure it's impossible, but I don't think it's likely. They also lost a lot on defense, despite the return of Taylor Mays.

Outside of USC, the only thing standing between OSU and a title game appearance is their game at Happy Valley. If they get by USC and PSU, I can't see them losing another game.

I still say Florida is the favorite. I don't know how they can't be considered the team to beat, actually. As sick as that makes me.

On the brink of disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23 View Post
    Eric, go with Cincinnati. They're the hometown team and it's fun having some pride in your hometown team. The games are fun and have a great atmosphere. BK is doing great things with the program, and there's just a lot of excitement around UC football right now. I'm sure you won't regret it if you go with the hometown team. Please don't jump on the bandwagon of the big time programs that get pumped by the media all day.
    Definitely second this one. Even though I have been a fan of UC football since before they started gaining ground on the bigger teams, It was hard to be a die hard fan until Kelly got here. He's the kind of coach you trust can make any team good. He's the best salesman in the game and if he stays here, he can do some special things in Cincinnati.

As big of a fan as I am, I know UC isn't quite on the same playing field of OSU, Florida, etc. yet. That doesn't mean they can't compete, but they just don't have the depth and recruiting ability that these teams have because they have not been a good team for a very long time. If things continue like they are now, that will change. Either way, they are a lot of fun to watch, and will compete in every game they play. I don't think Bearcats fans will be surprized to see them repeat last year, but outsiders would be.

This should shake out to be one of the most exciting College Football seasons in quite some time. Headliners Tebow, Bradford and McCoy are solid stars that will be exciting to follow..... and a strong field talented teams like USC, Oregon, Alabama, OSU, and many others will mean every week will have plenty of blockbuster matchups.
    The September 3rd game between Oregon/ Boise State will be a barnburner to get things rockin.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Alright, I'm officially rooting for UC. Go Cats! (Now I have to learn the intricacies of the college game vs. NFL, besides the weird overtime system.)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Alright, I'm officially rooting for UC. Go Cats! (Now I have to learn the intricacies of the college game vs. NFL, besides the weird overtime system.)
    NFL: 15 minute overtime, first one to score wins.

NCAA: Think football's version of extra innings. Each half-inning consists of a team taking possession of the ball on the opposing 25 yard line. After double-OT, teams must go for 2 after scoring a touchdown.

BTW, good choice with UC.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I am excited for the Miami RedHawks opener against UK at PBS this saturday. Hopefully, I can stay excited for more than a quarter.
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

Boise State taking it to Oregon right now.

13-0 at half.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Boise State taking it to Oregon right now.

13-0 at half.
    Hope Boise St. keeps it up.I have no love for any PAC 10 team.

Boise should have won by about 5 TDs. Only Boise's self-inflicted mistakes kept it from being so.

Both Boise and Oregon looked like garbage tonight. Actually, not 1 of the 4 teams on ESPN looked any good.

The Oregon player who punched the BSU player after the game deserves a hefty suspension, regardless of what might have been said to him.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    The Oregon player who punched the BSU player after the game deserves a hefty suspension, regardless of what might have been said to him.
    Blount had made statements in the media about Boise needing an "a** whipping" after their qb got cheap-shotted last year. I guess since he couldn't make that happen on the field... But yes, Oregon looked terribly overrated.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    If you're going to run your mouth on the field after the game like that, then you better be ready for the consequences. You can't complain about getting punched after getting in a guy's face and taunting him after you've already won the game.

I mean, the BSU player came up to him, hit him on the shoulder, starts talking crap, and ESPN makes it look like the Oregon player is the only one in the wrong. bullcrap, that BSU player deserved to get punched and that Oregon player deserves a suspension.
    Last edited by DTCromer; 09-04-2009 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    If you're going to run your mouth on the field after the game like that, then you better be ready for the consequences. You can't complain about getting punched after getting in a guy's face and taunting him after you've already won the game.
    Try that one on the police next time you assault someone for talking smack. See how far that argument gets you.

Turn Off Ads?