Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 2009-2010 College Football Thread

Re: Your 2009-2010 College Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    You mean the preseason top 45, which means absolutely nothing...
    It really does matter in Boise State's case, however, because the chances of any of those opponents rising appreciably in the rankings is very slim. They all play each other. The only way many of those opponents will rise very much at all is if they beat Boise State, which in itself makes the BCS bid moot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    IMO whatever suspension Blount gets, Hout should get almost the same amount of time.
    Yeah, no.

One of my partners and I were discussing this a few minutes ago. He said that he thought Blount should be suspended for three games, which sounds about right to me.
    He also mentioned that we need to know what Hout said to Blount. While nothing can justify what Blount did, if Hout said something racial or really vile, that would make Blount's actions more understandable.
    Hout should receive some sort of punsihment for taunting as well.
    In Blount's defense, playing on that blue turf might make me somewhat crazy.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Whether it is in the heat of the moment or a response to a taunt, nobody deserves to get punched in the jaw, period. This is battery folks which can carry jail time if the Boise player decides to pursue it. I am really suprised that he wasn't arrested by the police when the incident happened.

The funny thing about the whole incident was the fact that the Boise coach was trying to police his own player when the incident occured. Coach had grabbed his jersey turning him away from Blount to lecture him allwoing Blount to lay one on him. Thanks for that lesson Coach. Hout's punishment should be simple having to watch that in front of the team during a film session. Ouch!
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Looks like Oregon has decided to suspend Blount for the remainder of the season. Nice move by the University to not pull his scholarship.

Oregon has suspended running back LeGarrette Blount for the remainder of the season for punching Boise State linebacker Byron Hout after Thursday night's loss.

Blount's suspension includes any bowl games. Coach Chip Kelly said he will remain on scholarship.
    Looks like his NFL dreams may also be over too.

McShay: Blount Blows Chance At NFL

His sucker punch at the end of Thursday's loss at Boise State will sink out-of-shape Oregon running back LeGarrette Blount's chances of an NFL career, Todd McShay writes. Blog
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Wow, I'm shocked they suspended him that long. Some folks were mentioning him as a darkhouse candidate for the Heisman this season. With Blount out and the lack of a QB, this could be a long season for Oregon. They have plenty of talent but they lack the QB needed to win a conference.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Wow, I'm shocked they suspended him that long. Some folks were mentioning him as a darkhouse candidate for the Heisman this season. With Blount out and the lack of a QB, this could be a long season for Oregon. They have plenty of talent but they lack the QB needed to win a conference.
    Lack of a QB?

Jeremiah Masoli is all pre-season Pac-10 QB, and is perfectly suited to run the Oregon spread-option attack.

For my money, as things stand today, Washington's Jake Locker is the best QB in the conference. He's extremely versatile, able to pilot a spread attack as well as a USC's pro attack. It may not happen overnight, but I fully expect new coach Steve Sarkisian to enable Locker to reach his full potential, while implementing a hybrid spread/Pro attack.

We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Lack of a QB?

Jeremiah Masoli is all pre-season Pac-10 QB, and is perfectly suited to run the Oregon spread-option attack.

For my money, as things stand today, Washington's Jake Locker is the best QB in the conference. He's extremely versatile, able to pilot a spread attack as well as a USC's pro attack. It may not happen overnight, but I fully expect new coach Steve Sarkisian to enable Locker to reach his full potential, while implementing a hybrid spread/Pro attack.

We shall see.
    I don't think Masoli is the kind of QB that you can expect to put his team on his shoulders and grind out a drive to win a big game, especially on the road. He is suited for a spread option offense, but he is more adequate than exceptional.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Yeah, ending the guy's college career seems a bit severe to me.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I don't think Masoli is the kind of QB that you can expect to put his team on his shoulders and grind out a drive to win a big game, especially on the road. He is suited for a spread option offense, but he is more adequate than exceptional.
    I agree.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Alright, RZers, I really, really want to get into college football this year. I have always held out due to the ridiculous post-season. (I'm in favor of a tournament playoff.) But, I've decided that I am being too productive on Saturdays, and feel that college football can go a long way to solving that problem.

So, now the question becomes which college to root for. There are a few options I am considering, but definitely can be swayed.

Right now I am leaning toward Cincinnati, being the local team and all. I like what BK has done for the program, but I wonder if U.C. can ever really compete with the big boys.

There is also Ohio State. Somewhat local, good program, big reputation despite having trouble winning the big games lately.

Or do I pick another school? Go SEC? Look for an underdog to root for? A storied tradition? Help!
    UC's a good team to follow, since they are local and IMO their program's turned the corner to be considered legit nationwide.

You could go against the grain if you want, and have the constitution to remain true to the program, and be a Michigan fan.

You could keep it in state and root for the Buckeyes.

You could jump on the Wildcat bandwagon and root for UK.

Lotta options in college football, and none of them are bad IMO. Just gotta find a team for a reason you like and can then defend as a fan.

Greg Paulus appears to be an adequate college QB, and Syracuse looks to be much improved (not saying much).

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Greg Paulus appears to be an adequate college QB, and Syracuse looks to be much improved (not saying much).
    Paulus has looked better than I anticipated, even with plenty of dropped balls.

So far I can't stand the stallion offense, though.

Navy is going for a 2 PT conversion to attempt to tie Ohio State with 2:23 remaining in the game. Wow, I never expected that.

OSU picks it off and returns it for two points. 31-27 OSU. That's probably game.

Navy has come back from down 15 and now trails Ohio State 29-27 with a 2 point try coming up

Turn Off Ads?