Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kremcheck and staff must go!!

Kremcheck and staff must go!!

I have never seen a team that gets hit hard with injuries year after year like the Reds. I posted this a few years ago and will do the same again. The whole medical staff must go, down to the trainers on the field. Its ridiculus how often players get hurt, are kept out of the lineup or put on the DL so much and if it happens to other teams, those players bounce back the next day. Time for cleaning house of all medical personnel.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Kremcheck and staff must go!!

I agree, I used to think they just had injury prone players such as junior, but i'm starting to wonder now since they have a pretty young team that has been banged up all year. I question their decision making as much as anything, such as having Volquez tossing when he ends up needing tommy john surgery.

I don't know if its Doc Hollywood, I think its the strength and conditioning coaches and who ever is in charge of the work out programs or the lack of work out programs. It seems to me that the Reds have had a number of player who had conditioning issues...Dunn, Kearns, Griffey and Harang come to mind.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Anyone who follows the Reds, closely, would ever say that Kremcheck needs to go.
    I am amazed that players from other teams, down through the years, have come to him for serious surgeries. Kerry Wood, Nomar Garciapara, not to mention many of the players from the USA Hockey team. These are just to name a few, I know I'm leaving out about 100 famous athletes.

Injuries happen. . .suck it up. Stop complaining.

I don't know about "must go", but the Reds do seem to suffer more injuries than most MLB teams.

redsfanmia might be on to something in regards to conditioning and/or workout regimens....

Kremcheck has no impact on players getting hurt. Hes the doctor, hes not the trainer working them out or anything like that.

.....Unqualified people criticizing, the american way

That you don't even know how to spell his names tells me what you know about him.

Dr. Kremchek is one of the best, if not the best, orthopedic surgeons in this area. The Reds, the Bengals, Moeller high school and other sports teams in this area rely on him for his services. Baseball teams outside of this area rely on him. He's well respected in the field and is one of four surgeons who do Tommy John surgery on major league pitchers. If you were to make this suggestion to anyone in the league, you would be laughed at. Loudly.

He is not this reason the team is injured. Injuries happen. I know we want to find excuses but, seriously, don't go there.
    Last edited by BurgervilleBuck; 08-11-2009 at 05:02 PM.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

"For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyJ View Post
    I don't know about "must go", but the Reds do seem to suffer more injuries than most MLB teams.

redsfanmia might be on to something in regards to conditioning and/or workout regimens....
    Every fan in the league says that about their teams.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Orodle View Post
    Kremcheck has no impact on players getting hurt. Hes the doctor, hes not the trainer working them out or anything like that.

.....Unqualified people criticizing, the american way
    Exactly. I have a sports medicine background, so I know how these things work. I remember posts saying "how come Bill Bray didn't have surgery right away when he got hurt?" Because surgery is ALWAYS a last resort. Same thing with Volquez. Treat it conservatively first, if that doesn't work, open him up.

Funny thing is, on a Colts board I frequent, the people there always say "our medical staff is the worst in the league."

On a Indiana Pacers board I frequent, the people there always say "our medical staff is the worst in the league."

Surely all the teams I root for don't all have "the worst medical staffs" in their respective leagues do they?

No, they don't. The uninformed just like to shoot their mouths off.

Off my soapbox now.
    Last edited by gilpdawg; 08-12-2009 at 12:40 AM.

What a ridiculous post.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    What a ridiculous post.
    Mine?

Not a ridiculus post, got you guys going. Thats the real reason for message boards to get people talking with controversial posts. Enjoy Kremchek!!

^uhm, with that response, makes me wonder, are you old enough to be on the computer, do your folks know what your doing?
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

I blame the injuries on Adam Dunn. I heard he made a voodoo doll that looks like Dusty Baker.

Turn Off Ads?