Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dickerson activated; Rolen to the DL

Dickerson activated; Rolen to the DL

Per Fay's blog. No word on a corresponding roster move.
    Last edited by BRM; 08-11-2009 at 06:14 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dickerson activated

Any chance at all for a Taveras DFA?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Nice thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    He's not in the lineup tonight and Dickerson is. A boy can dream...
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I just hope this boys dream comes true!

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Probably because of the way he hit that wall last night on Holliday's long drive. I guess some one should have told him the wall was there.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Probably because of the way he hit that wall last night on Holliday's long drive. I guess some one should have told him the wall was there.
    Or someone should tell him to find a new job
    Go BLUE!!!

See, now before I read this thread, I didn't even dream of WT getting DFA'd today. It wouldn't have even crossed my mind. Now I'm thinking about it, and hoping for it, even though I know it won't happen.

Even when I expect absolutely nothing from the Reds, something happens to disappoint me.

Taveras will do on the DL after running into the wall.....no way they'll eat that contract (though I certainly wish they would).

I'm not a big Willy T. fan but in his defense "we'd" still be in 5th with or without him...there are so many holes that it's hard to believe he still catches the bulk of the redszone ire. Having said that a real live bat in left, a healthy patient Bruce in right and a platoon of Dickerson/Tavares in center wouldn't be a bad start to 2010....outfieldely speaking of course(yep i cheat in scrabble)

Quote Originally Posted by GADawg View Post
    I'm not a big Willy T. fan but in his defense "we'd" still be in 5th with or without him...there are so many holes that it's hard to believe he still catches the bulk of the redszone ire. Having said that a real live bat in left, a healthy patient Bruce in right and a platoon of Dickerson/Tavares in center wouldn't be a bad start to 2010....outfieldely speaking of course(yep i cheat in scrabble)
    That doesn't mean he deserves a spot on this team. Or any team for that matter. It's flat out embarrassing that this team chose to employ him for $6.25M when no one else wanted him.

It's Rolen to the DL.

ST. LOUIS - Scott Rolen was placed on the disabled list by the Reds this afternoon, as his concussion-like symptoms persist. Rolen was beaned by a 92-mph Jason Marquis (Colorado) fastball Aug. 2. He played two games since but has been idled since this past weekend.

"It's the right thing to do," Rolen said. "This apparently clears up with inactivity."

Rolen said he still has occasional headaches and fuzziness.

The Reds in turn activated Chris Dickerson from the DL; he will start tonight in CF.

"Scott is still a little woozy," Reds manager Dusty Baker said. "He's not seeing much improvement, so he's going to the DL. He's at a point where he's kind of stuck, he's in that zone. We were gonna wait a day or two, but we're short on the bench."

Re: Dickerson activated; Rolen to the DL

Now Willy will sit for 14 days before playing again.

Maybe no one told him about the wall because Gomes and Balentien saw a chance to get a below average-average (not horrible like Willy) CF in the lineup
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Re: Dickerson activated; Rolen to the DL

Scott gets a hockey players vacation for his noggin. Good call, he's milky but not tossing his lunch or having to sit down for an extended period of time.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by GADawg View Post
    I calculate the Reds would've scored nearly 20 more runs with a league average guy in CF using BTT's Lineup Analysis tool.

Replace all positions that are below average OBP and SLG with league average (that's CF, LF, SS and 3B) for the Reds this year and they score nearly 58 runs more. That still puts them at about 30 more runs allowed than scored. Probably not a winning record but I imagine the "hope-o-meter" wouldn't be zeroed just yet.

Not a scientific study but they have to make up the difference somehow.

Turn Off Ads?