Who are the september call ups?

Guys on the 40 man
    Pitchers that arent hurt
    Lecure
    Maloney
    Ramirez

Position players who arent hurt
    Sutton
    Yonder (ill expect him to be healthy enough)
    Francisco

Everyone else is out for the year.

You have to think Francisco and Yonder arent going to be. I expect the 3 pitchers to be called up, and Sutton for sure. Just adding it up thats 29 on the active roster with out making any 60 day DL or DFA moves.

Guys who could/should be called up not on the 40
    Valaika
    Stubbs

Players who could be 60 day DLed
    Volquez
    Richar
    Lincoln
    Bray

Of those 4 id only expect Lincoln to be.

Players that could be DFA'd
    Kip Wells

All in all we probably only are going to have 6 call ups max, and 5 most likely given the current situation of the 40 man. The 3 pitchers, Stubbs, and Sutton. To get Stubbs on the 40 man Wells or Lincoln are going to have to be moved off it in some fashion. I can't see them not making that 40 man move considering some of the quotes on Stubbs from Walt.

It's 4 AM and I dont know if I made any mistakes but if I did please scream berate and cuss me out until I fix them.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who are the september call ups?

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Guys on the 40 man
    Pitchers that arent hurt
    Lecure
    Maloney
    Ramirez

Position players who arent hurt
    Sutton
    Yonder (ill expect him to be healthy enough)
    Francisco

Everyone else is out for the year.

You have to think Francisco and Yonder arent going to be. I expect the 3 pitchers to be called up, and Sutton for sure. Just adding it up thats 29 on the active roster with out making any 60 day DL or DFA moves.

Guys who could/should be called up not on the 40
    Valaika
    Stubbs

Players who could be 60 day DLed
    Volquez
    Richar
    Lincoln
    Bray

Of those 4 id only expect Lincoln to be.

Players that could be DFA'd
    Kip Wells

All in all we probably only are going to have 6 call ups max, and 5 most likely given the current situation of the 40 man. The 3 pitchers, Stubbs, and Sutton. To get Stubbs on the 40 man Wells or Lincoln are going to have to be moved off it in some fashion. I can't see them not making that 40 man move considering some of the quotes on Stubbs from Walt.

It's 4 AM and I dont know if I made any mistakes but if I did please scream berate and cuss me out until I fix them.
    I'll take a guess.

Lecure, Maloney, Ramirez and Sutton are locks.

Richar to the 60 Day DL and Stubbs comes up.
    Heisey is added in the spot cleared by Weathers.

I have to wonder though if Reds made some promises to the minor league free agents they signed. Sometimes teams get some of the minor league vets to sign by promising a September cup of coffee in the majors. Jeff Kennard, Darnell McDonald and Kevin Barker are examples of guys who may come up while others go on the 60 Day DL. They won't be taking a spot during the Rule 5 since they'll be released the day after the season ends.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

You missed Heisey in guys that deserve to be called up.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    You missed Heisey in guys that deserve to be called up.
    I thought about it but bringing up Stubbs is already going to cause a bit of a playing time problem when you consider Bruce is going to be back most likely as well. 7 OF is a lot of guys.

I can see roster maneuvering for Stubbs or Heisey but not for Valaika. Most important, IMO, is to get the three pitchers up and start to see how they'll fare, as some decisions have got to be made there over the offseason--e.g. does Maloney or Lecure have anything like a real chance to be in the rotation next year? Can Ramirez hold down a spot in the bullpen in 2010?

I think Stubbs will still be up, but not Heisey. I'd love to see Wood come up and just do relief work. Same with Lecure. I'm sure they'll bring up Corky Miller too, because you just have to have 3 catchers in September....or something. Sutton will be back, but who knows what will be done. Sadly, most of the those guys won't see the field, save Sutton, when he'll replace Tavy and bat first

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    I can see roster maneuvering for Stubbs or Heisey but not for Valaika. Most important, IMO, is to get the three pitchers up and start to see how they'll fare, as some decisions have got to be made there over the offseason--e.g. does Maloney or Lecure have anything like a real chance to be in the rotation next year? Can Ramirez hold down a spot in the bullpen in 2010?
    Well they have to protect Valaika if I'm correct this winter anyways. I could see them bringing him up if he finishes the month off strong or even average. They really need to find next years SS and should try all the options.

If Dusty isn't prepared to play Stubbs or Heisey every day when they come up, then don't bring them up. If they are just going to be Willy's caddy, then forget it.

I think all 3 pitchers and Sutton come up. I don't think there is any chance Francisco or Alonso get the call.

Stubbs
    Valakia
    Ramriez
    Lecure
    Maloney
    Sutton

I don't know about Heisey. I think Stubbs will get the PT and don't see a whole lot for Heisey. I think he stays in AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    If Dusty isn't prepared to play Stubbs or Heisey every day when they come up, then don't bring them up. If they are just going to be Willy's caddy, then forget it.

I think all 3 pitchers and Sutton come up. I don't think there is any chance Francisco or Alonso get the call.
    You don't think it would benefit them to shadow a true professional and really learn the game?

2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    You don't think it would benefit them to shadow a true professional and really learn the game?

Why start their clock just to ride the pine? Besides, if Louisville goes deep in the AAA playoffs, these guys wouldn't be called up until later in September anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Why start their clock just to ride the pine? Besides, if Louisville goes deep in the AAA playoffs, these guys wouldn't be called up until later in September anyway.
    The playoff thing is a big deal also. Bats probably wont be available until 2/3 of the way through september anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Well they have to protect Valaika if I'm correct this winter anyways. I could see them bringing him up if he finishes the month off strong or even average. They really need to find next years SS and should try all the options.
    I don't see Valaika as an option for 2010.

For pitchers, Maloney, Lecure, and Ramirez (who has been outstanding in releif) will definitely get the call. Jeff Kennard (2.39) should also get called up. Enerio Del Rosario and Logan Ondrusek have quitley had amazing seasons, and should be considered, as with Travis Wood.

For batters, Stubbs, Sutton (if down), and Kevin Barker (IMO) should be locks. If Heisey breaks out of his slump and gets hot again (as he appears to be doing in his last three games) he should be considered. There is no way Valaika and his .201 batting average should get the call, or Yonder Alonso. Darnell McDonald had a "september call-up" in april, and he failed.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    I don't see Valaika as an option for 2010.
    Based off this years numbers probably not but I still dont see a reason why you dont at least protect him.

Turn Off Ads?