Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The steroids shadow

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

The steroids shadow

I thought this was a well-written article from Bill Simmons on the way steroid revelations can color our perception of past events, and whether or not fans would change history if it meant cheating: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...1&sportCat=mlb

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The steroids shadow

Simmons is very against posting the actual text of an article rather than posting the link to it, and is very proactive in this fight, so I would advise those in the thread not to post the text.

That being said, it is a great article, and certainly worth a read. Every Simmons article/podcast is worth a read/listen.

The point about Cubs fans be willing to trade in a heart breaking collapse for a steroid fueled championship was interesting. I wonder how many here would take a World Series championship from the Reds next year if later it was revealed that Votto and Bruce were juiced?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    The point about Cubs fans be willing to trade in a heart breaking collapse for a steroid fueled championship was interesting. I wonder how many here would take a World Series championship from the Reds next year if later it was revealed that Votto and Bruce were juiced?

I'd say the vast majority would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Anyone sit and wonder how many, if any, 1990 Reds were on steroids? It's an interesting question. I'm too young to remember that team, so I couldn't venture any guesses at who. But I certainly have my doubts about some guys from 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Anyone sit and wonder how many, if any, 1990 Reds were on steroids? It's an interesting question. I'm too young to remember that team, so I couldn't venture any guesses at who. But I certainly have my doubts about some guys from 1999.

Billy Bates was a juicer, no doubt.

Looking at the '90 roster, those on my radar (although I am accusing them of nothing) would be Glenn Braggs, Paul O'Neiil, Eric Davis, and Rob Dibble. Especially Braggs. I remember when he broke a bat across his back while swinging.

Turn Off Ads?