Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: General Managers League?

Re: General Managers League?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    camisadelgolf@gmail.com

I'll gladly take a copy of the PDF.
    A copy was sent.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    A copy was sent.
    Thank you. It was received. I'll look it over when I get the chance.

Well Brutus, I read the document and it was impressive. The league would be a great simulation of being an MLB General Manager.

I am thinking the semantics of actually crunching the numbers and managing the data would be like a full-time job. If you can figure out a way to automate the league to make it manageable for the commissioner and the team owners I will be extremely impressed. In fact, if you can pull it off I will invest some money and help you market the game nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Well Brutus, I read the document and it was impressive. The league would be a great simulation of being an MLB General Manager.

I am thinking the semantics of actually crunching the numbers and managing the data would be like a full-time job. If you can figure out a way to automate the league to make it manageable for the commissioner and the team owners I will be extremely impressed. In fact, if you can pull it off I will invest some money and help you market the game nationally.
    I'm actually trying hard to figure a way to do that. My thinking is CBS Sportsline can handle the rosters and the basic data. I have an Excel workbook that can handle the database and contract / player information. A private message board could be our "bidding" site for free agency. I'm trying to figure out if there's an easier way of handling the scoring and such. It would be easy to set up in a spreadsheet formula, but that would still require copy/pasting weekly data to derive at it.

I would love to market the game though. I think it would be a blast. I'm trying like crazy to get this thing launched. It would be a lot of fun.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I am really interested in participating in this league, I know I'm not the most active Redszone poster, but if you guys allowed me to be in the league I assure you, I would be an active manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Emin3mShady07 View Post
    I am really interested in participating in this league, I know I'm not the most active Redszone poster, but if you guys allowed me to be in the league I assure you, I would be an active manager.
    I have marked you down as interested. Have you read over the PDF or do you need a copy sent?

i read the PDF from the link you posted, thanks. Heavy stuff. great job.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

i read the PDF from the link you posted, thanks. Heavy stuff. great job.

me too.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    me too.
    Though it's kind of in a holding pattern (trying to work some things out), I'm definitely still trying to pull this together for this season.

Thanks to all those that have expressed interest thus far!

Turn Off Ads?