Turn Off Ads?

Thread: JJ Hardy

JJ Hardy

What will it take to aquire him? they send him down to the Minors and looks like they have given up on him, he is still pretty young and and Cincy i believe he will hit, an infield of Rolen, Hardy, Phillips, and Votto seems good

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: JJ Hardy

Could he be the PTBNL in the Stormy trade?

No I don't think he can because he played in the league this year it is to be a minor leaguer, but he is a free agent after 2010. Do you think we could resign him and what would it take to get him? Someone over on ORG said how bout Hardy & Hall and cash for Bronson, Stubbs and maybe another player, What is thought?
    Last edited by BEETTLEBUG; 08-13-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Let me ask this, how much would you want for an all star gold glove caliber short stop who has a career OPS of .755

Quote Originally Posted by BEETTLEBUG View Post
    No I don't think he can because he played in the league this year it is to be a minor leaguer
    ^That is close to right.^

Technically the rule would be that as long as he isn't playing in(and doesn't begin to play in) the same league he is being traded to after the time the trade happens, he would be eligible(so Hardy missed it by about 3 days).

I believe a player who is a player to be named later can go AL-NL or vice versa. Or they must be in the minors when the trade occurs, and not be called up after the trade.(Independent league-National league for example).

Almost anything's an upgrade over Gonzalez (as far as the bat is concerned)

I'd love to have JJ Hardy at SS. He plays great defense and, while his OBP leaves something to be desired, he'd give the Reds a little bit of extra pop from a position where they haven't been getting it.

If Escobar plays well for the Brewers, I'm sure that means that Hardy will be on the block. Hardy is due to make $4.75 million next year, but if the Reds are able to move one of Cordero, Arroyo, or Harang, they'll be able to afford him.

I say go get him.

Absolutely snag JJ Hardy. And then make Votto go by J.

JJ Hardy
    J Votto
    Jay Bruce

Tons of marketing capabilities here.

Could we just develop our own players?

Quote Originally Posted by BEETTLEBUG View Post
    No I don't think he can because he played in the league this year it is to be a minor leaguer,
    Micah Owings was a player to be named later in the Adam Dunn trade and he had played for Arizona that season.

I think you guys are missing the obvious point, which is that the Brewers would never trade JJ Hardy straight up for David Weathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Could we just develop our own players?
    ? Seriously? We're the Reds baby!!

All joking aside, we don't really have anybody worthy of playing SS in MLB in our minor leagues, not yet.

We need a good stop-gap. That was what Gonzo was supposed to be, but injuries and bad luck and personal issues derailed that.

We need a quality SS for 2010.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    ? Seriously? We're the Reds baby!!

All joking aside, we don't really have anybody worthy of playing SS in MLB in our minor leagues, not yet.

We need a good stop-gap. That was what Gonzo was supposed to be, but injuries and bad luck and personal issues derailed that.

We need a quality SS for 2010.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    And that's why Hardy makes so much sense.This almost has to get done.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red Path View Post
    ^That is close to right.^

Technically the rule would be that as long as he isn't playing in(and doesn't begin to play in) the same league he is being traded to after the time the trade happens, he would be eligible(so Hardy missed it by about 3 days).

I believe a player who is a player to be named later can go AL-NL or vice versa. Or they must be in the minors when the trade occurs, and not be called up after the trade.(Independent league-National league for example).
    I understand this to be true as well.But I'm a little unclear about whether or not Hardy could still be included as the ptbnl since he is now not technically playing in the same league as the Reds because he has been sent down to the minors.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    I understand this to be true as well.But I'm a little unclear about whether or not Hardy could still be included as the ptbnl since he is now not technically playing in the same league as the Reds because he has been sent down to the minors.
    I believe he would be ineligible from the standpoint that there was about a half-week of time after the trade occurred that Hardy was an active National Leaguer, therefore disqualifying him from being the PTBNL. Had he been sent to the minors just prior to the trade being made he would be eligible.

Turn Off Ads?