Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Les Paul

Re: RIP Les Paul

You have to love it! My 81 year old mother just called to ask if I heard Les Paul had died. We talked about whether she listened to any of his records when she was a teenager. She couldn't remember, but I told her about the Bing Crosby song "She Kissed Me Once, She Kissed Me Twice." She laughed and said she remembered that one because she was dating a guy that she'd kissed twice and her kid sister kept singing it over and over. Too funny. Fortunately for me, the two kisses didn't sway her and she married my dad!
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things, that's Rallyonion.com

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

RIP, Les Paul. My fav guitar has your name on it. A real legend.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    You want to know the effect that les Paul had? Check out the number of gold topped LP's you see in bands from today and yesterday, from the Ohio Players to any shoe gazer band charging 6 bucks in Portland.

everyone has one... including my wife.
    I'd be hard pressed to decide whether his guitar design or recording techniques contributed more to modern music. He really was that influential in both regards.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    You want to know the effect that les Paul had? Check out the number of gold topped LP's you see in bands from today and yesterday, from the Ohio Players to any shoe gazer band charging 6 bucks in Portland.

everyone has one... including my wife.
    I just celebrated my 10 year wedding anniversary back in May. My wife wanted a channel band to go with her wedding set. I asked for a Les Paul.

I can't even play guitar, at least not really. I can strum a little, but thats how big Les Paul was.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

How could I not be prepared for his passing? The musical constants in my life are disappearing, Oscar Peterson and now Les Paul.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?