Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Tiger Woods win % better than the Reds

Tiger Woods win % better than the Reds

and 9 other teams since 2006.
    From espn.com

1:06 p.m.: OK, one more Tiger stat, as I posted on Twitter yesterday ...

JasonSobel Great stat from ESPN Research Dept.: Since start of '06, Tiger Woods has a better winning percentage than 10 different MLB teams. Wow.

JasonSobel Since you asked... those 10 teams are: Marlins, Padres, M's, Rays, Giants, Reds, O's, Royals, Pirates and Nats. All lower than TW's 48.98%. In related news, Chez Reavie owned a better winning percentage than the Detroit Lions last season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tiger Woods win % better than the Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    and 9 other teams since 2006.
    From espn.com

1:06 p.m.: OK, one more Tiger stat, as I posted on Twitter yesterday ...

JasonSobel Great stat from ESPN Research Dept.: Since start of '06, Tiger Woods has a better winning percentage than 10 different MLB teams. Wow.

JasonSobel Since you asked... those 10 teams are: Marlins, Padres, M's, Rays, Giants, Reds, O's, Royals, Pirates and Nats. All lower than TW's 48.98%. In related news, Chez Reavie owned a better winning percentage than the Detroit Lions last season.
    Tiger has a 48.98% winning percentage since '06? I find that hard to believe. His career average is about 23% (which is incredible, and the record), but 49% over the last 3 years is hard to believe. I'm too lazy to calculate myself though.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Tiger has a 48.98% winning percentage since '06? I find that hard to believe. His career average is about 23% (which is incredible, and the record), but 49% over the last 3 years is hard to believe. I'm too lazy to calculate myself though.
    Not when you consider he was out for most of 2008.

It's his winning % in events entered, which is different than winning % in total events.

Lemme do some quick research....

2006 - 20 events entered, 10 victories
    2007 - 18 events entered, 8 victories
    2008 - 7 events entered, 5 victories
    2009 - 12 event entered, 5 victories

So, that's 57 events entered, 28 victories, which is a 49.12% winning %.

Even if you only count 2007 to the present, that's 37 events, 18 victories, which is a 48.65% winning %.

yep sure but he's operating on an unlimited payroll!! He's large market!!

Wow. That's incredible. I didn't know his % was that high in recent years. He's really good at the game of golf.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Turn Off Ads?