Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shut Up, Bronson

Headed South

Shut Up, Bronson

Reds' Arroyo not apologizing

Hey Bronson, I guess I sort of admire your straightforwardness, but do you realize that it hurts the organization that's trying to trade you?

Shut up and talk about it in October or something, when you're not actively lowering your value on the trade market.

The art of losing isn't hard to master.

- e.b.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Shut Up, Bronson

Yeah, Bronson's pretty much an idiot... Either that, or he's sabotaging the Reds on purpose because he's comfortable in Cincinnati.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Yeah, Bronson's pretty much an idiot... Either that, or he's sabotaging the Reds on purpose because he's comfortable in Cincinnati.
    Yup

I'm maybe going out on a limb but I can see Arroyo trying to ruin his trade value. Its probably not true but I do wonder some times especially when he blows up so easily some times. I will be interested in seeing how well he pitches in that contract year.

I don't think Bronson cares about his "trade value". I love his comments and he is 100% spot on.

I like his candor. He speaks the truth. I don't see anything he said there that really isn't true, people don't like it, but some need to hear it.

Some of this crap is ridiculous" "approved" supplement list? What is this, the Communist Baseball League? I think the league has gone overboard about anabolic steroids. Now things you can buy at GNC trigger positive tests. I guess the "preapproved" list from MLB hasn't even tested the things he uses.

We are talking about a guy that willingly did this to his head....

But seriously, I really don't understand his obsession right now with dragging his name through the dirt as much as possible.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I don't think Bronson cares about his "trade value". I love his comments and he is 100% spot on.
    I doubt if he is 100% spot on. Especially his comment about how owners would rather earn 20 million and finish in last than lose 20 million and win a World Series. There may be a handful of such of owners. But I am willing to wager that the majority of owners would take a season in which they lose 20 million if it meant a World Championship.

He says several other things which I find questionable. His statement that the players should feel no regret that they tainted an era of baseball is dubious at best.

I have no problem with him speaking up. But just because a person will say whatever is on their mind does not make it gospel.

Maybe he just doesn't give a ****. The dude's got some balls, you should respect that...

Bronson has no trade value because his contract sucks compared to his performance (He just cleared waivers too, drawing zero interest from teams), I doubt these comments will change anything in that regard.

I also agree that he is absolutely dead on when it comes to steroids, people don't care about the health of the players but about the history of the game some how being ruined–apparently everyone is ok with Babe Ruth setting records when blacks were not allowed in the majors; that era isn't "tainted".

Also, I do believe the owners care more about the bottom line than fans think. Most of these guys are businessmen, a bottom line in the red does not compute with them.
    Last edited by MJA; 08-13-2009 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    I like his candor. He speaks the truth. I don't see anything he said there that really isn't true, people don't like it, but some need to hear it.

Some of this crap is ridiculous" "approved" supplement list? What is this, the Communist Baseball League? I think the league has gone overboard about anabolic steroids. Now things you can buy at GNC trigger positive tests. I guess the "preapproved" list from MLB hasn't even tested the things he uses.
    Well a lot of things are on the list because they can be used to mask steroids and things of that nature. The approved list is for the players so they know if they take them they are completely safe.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I doubt if he is 100% spot on. Especially his comment about how owners would rather earn 20 million and finish in last than lose 20 million and win a World Series. There may be a handful of such of owners. But I am willing to wager that the majority of owners would take a season in which they lose 20 million if it meant a World Championship.

He says several other things which I find questionable. His statement that the players should feel no regret that they tainted an era of baseball is dubious at best.

I have no problem with him speaking up. But just because a person will say whatever is on their mind does not make it gospel.
    I really doubt that. Some owners might be willing to take a small loss or a break even season, but he is right. Owners are in business to make money. Most of them are businessmen first and baseball fans second.
    Teams like Florida, Oakland, Minnesota and Cleveland could have been top tier teams every single year if the owners didn't care about making money.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Well a lot of things are on the list because they can be used to mask steroids and things of that nature. The approved list is for the players so they know if they take them they are completely safe.
    So basically its easier for you and me to legally stay in top shape then it is for professional athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    So basically its easier for you and me to legally stay in top shape then it is for professional athletes.
    and its easier for us to take and pass drug test no matter what we take. Dont blame MLB blame the players.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Dude's beginning to rival Casey as an attention *****.

Turn Off Ads?