Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Johnny Gomes Chasing History

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Johnny Gomes Chasing History

Gomes has gone deep in all three of his at-bats so far tonight. He has driven in five runs. There are two outs in the 7th and Nix is coming to the plate with Gomes on-deck. He will lead off the 8th if Nix makes the third out.
    He had a two-run shot in the second, another two-run jack in the 4th and then a solo bomb in the sixth.

STAY TUNED!

Nix made the last out in the 7th. Gomes will lead off the 8th. BTW, the Reds are up 7-0 after seven. Arroyo has limited the Gnats to two hits.
    Last edited by texasdave; 08-13-2009 at 09:01 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Re: Johnny Gomes Chasing History

Arroyo sets down the G-Nats in order in the top of the 8th. Gomes will swing from the heels to start the Reds' half of the 8th. Marty actually sounds excited. Should be one heckuva home run call if Gomes comes through.

holy crap. im just tuning in. i saw his first one. missed the other two. So no other in the MLB history has gone deep 4 straight AB's. >?

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Standing ovation at GABP for J. Gomes.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Gomes is set on the seat of his pants with the first pitch. No Red has ever done it.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Gomes locked up on a breaking ball and strikes out looking.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Johnny Gomes -

Yep knew he was in trouble when he sat and watched the 2nd pitch cruise right down the middle. I think that pitch at his head rattled him a bit.

Still a great game.

I like gomes. He uses my number:" and reminds me of myself. All kinds of power. I think i may be able to outrun him though. lol/ :

Next season. LF should be manned by the platoon of Gomes and Dorn. At GABP, the combo oughta' approach 40 HRs, 100+RBIs.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Gomes had a helluva game. Hope we keep him around next year. Not as a starter, but as a 4th OF. He's perfect in that role.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Walt will probably ink him to a 5 year 50 Million Dollar Deal...

Maybe he's got some trade value now. Good game.

I guess Art Shamsky's record is safe now. Does anyone remeber when he hit 4 in a row in 65 against the Pirates.

Turn Off Ads?