Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 62

Thread: Mike Vick to the Eagles

  1. #46
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: Mike Vick to the Eagles

    I'm getting the idea WMR won't be buying any Eagles gear this fall.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,418

    Re: Mike Vick to the Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Whether or not he deserves to draw a paycheck isn't the issue for me if I'm the commissioner. Neither myself or the NFL owe Mike Vick a damn thing.

    I wouldn't want someone who did what Vick did associated with my product.
    Or Tank Johnson, Pacman Jones (if he could find someone crazy enought to sign him), Ray Lewis, et al...

    Why did those guys get 2nd chances?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  4. #48
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Mike Vick to the Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Or Tank Johnson, Pacman Jones (if he could find someone crazy enought to sign him), Ray Lewis, et al...

    Why did those guys get 2nd chances?
    well... Ray Lewis was found not guilty.

    Pacman Jones would be right next to Vick in the unemployment line if it was up to me.

    What did Tank do again? He had a big stockpile of weapons in his home, correct? Certainly dumb, but I wouldn't banish him permanently because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  5. #49
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,418

    Re: Mike Vick to the Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    You don't do what Vick did, and do it over and over and over and over, without something inside of you being irrevocably broken. His apologies would be excellent lining for a litter box.
    Time will tell. Time will tell.

    I can say this from being around quite a few ex-offenders over the years... People who are given a chance to make amends on some level are way less likely to "reoffend" than those who are shunned.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  6. #50
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,418

    Re: Mike Vick to the Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    well... Ray Lewis was found not guilty.

    Pacman Jones would be right next to Vick in the unemployment line if it was up to me.

    What did Tank do again? He had a big stockpile of weapons in his home, correct? Certainly dumb, but I wouldn't banish him permanently because of it.
    Lewis plead guilty to Obstruction and turned rat against his two pals.

    Tank had the weapons charge and violated his probation. He must be a sociopath.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  7. #51
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Mike Vick to the Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Lewis plead guilty to Obstruction and turned rat against his two pals.

    Tank had the weapons charge and violated his probation. He must be a sociopath.


    If you want to have a discussion, don't try to obfuscate my opinions in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  8. #52
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,154

    Re: Mike Vick to the Eagles

    See my big thing is not only is what Vick did terrible and nearly unforgivable, but I don't think he was much of a quarterback to begin with. Outside of helping the Falcons to the 2004 NFC championship game Vick wasn't very good at all. His completion percentage was crap and he routinely overthrew his receivers. And remember all the "It's not his fault! The Falcons have terrible receivers!" claims? Roddy White's numbers sure as hell say otherwise.

    I figure he could probably be good in certain formations and as an offensive weapon, but it would take a lot of skill to turn him into a regular every-down quarterback at this point. But really, I don't see why anyone would want him on their team after what he did.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  9. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,317

    Re: Mike Vick to the Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Could check off, what, 80% of those for Vick? And that's being kind, IMO.
    80% of those apply to almost every professional athlete in the world. With the exception of Brett Favre (who just loves playin' football with his buddies in the mud while wearing jeans) and of course "Prince" Albert Pujols, the latter-day Santa Claus.

  10. #54
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Mike Vick to the Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    80% of those apply to almost every professional athlete in the world. With the exception of Brett Favre (who just loves playin' football with his buddies in the mud while wearing jeans) and of course "Prince" Albert Pujols, the latter-day Santa Claus.
    Agreed. Like I said, it's a sliding scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  11. #55
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,418

    Re: Mike Vick to the Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post


    If you want to have a discussion, don't try to obfuscate my opinions in the process.
    Just saying, if you're going to ban people from the league without giving them a 2nd chance, you're going to have to draw a line somewhere.

    Killing people? Already crossed... Obstructing justice when people are killed? Already crossed... Having an unregistered arsenal, associating with all manner of criminals, drug possession, DUIs? Crossed, crossed, crossed, and crossed.

    I would never try to defend what Vick has done. Did he deserve the punishment he's already received? Absolutely. But to take away an opportunity to make amends and make a living, even though he could very well screw it up... I can't go for that.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  12. #56
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Mike Vick to the Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Just saying, if you're going to ban people from the league without giving them a 2nd chance, you're going to have to draw a line somewhere.

    Killing people? Already crossed... Obstructing justice when people are killed? Already crossed... Having an unregistered arsenal, associating with all manner of criminals, drug possession, DUIs? Crossed, crossed, crossed, and crossed.

    I would never try to defend what Vick has done. Did he deserve the punishment he's already received? Absolutely. But to take away an opportunity to make amends and make a living, even though he could very well screw it up... I can't go for that.
    I understand your opinion and respect it. I just happen to disagree in this instance. No biggie. Not like we ever agree on much anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  13. #57
    Member kpresidente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,878

    Re: Mike Vick to the Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Killing people? Already crossed... Obstructing justice when people are killed? Already crossed... Having an unregistered arsenal, associating with all manner of criminals, drug possession, DUIs? Crossed, crossed, crossed, and crossed.
    Vick is worse than all those. Stallworth and Little had/have very serious drinking problems, and their behavior was grossly negligent, but they never intended the outcome of their behavior. Both common sense and the legal system recognize the chasm between willful and negligent actions.

  14. #58
    Member redsfandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,533

    Re: Mike Vick to the Eagles

    I just wanted to remind people that what is immoral in some parts of the country is commonplace, almost tradition, in other parts of the country. The man served his time. If he screws up he'll be gone and professional football will become only a memory for him. I'm sure he's been told this. It's up to him.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

  15. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,317

    Re: Mike Vick to the Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    I just wanted to remind people that what is immoral in some parts of the country is commonplace, almost tradition, in other parts of the country.
    In which part of the country is it commonplace or traditional to sadistically torture and mutilate dogs? I'm genuinely curious.

  16. #60
    Member redsfandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,533

    Re: Mike Vick to the Eagles

    I was specifically referring to the dog fighting and only the dog fighting. All I'm saying is that the guy did his time. If you want to complain about criminals in pro sports well that's not exactly news. Philly will be playing at Atlanta on Sun, Dec 6. I'm sure there will be people that will only care about how hard Vick is hit. But I don't care that much about the sideshow. I just hope it's a good game.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25