Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AT&T wireless coverage?

AT&T wireless coverage?

Are you AT&T users in Cincinnati getting good coverage for voice and data, including 3G?

I'm currently with Cincinnati Bell wireless, but since the iPhone 3G is now only $99, I'm considering switching. I haven't had any problems with CBW, but I also don't have a smart phone, still using my old crappy Razr. My big gripe I have with Cincinnati Bell is thier phone selection flat out sucks, and they charge you a fortune for the higher end devices.

I haven't heard to mean good things about AT&T in this area, lots of people complaining about dropped calls, poor voice quality, and many dead spots.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: AT&T wireless coverage?

AT&T blows. I have an iPhone and love it but honestly the 3G coverage sucks. Half the time I turn it off because I get better service off the standard network.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

I am on AT&T down in Louisville and frequently travel to Cincy and always get good reception when I'm there.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    AT&T blows. I have an iPhone and love it but honestly the 3G coverage sucks. Half the time I turn it off because I get better service off the standard network.
    You aren't a Cincinnati user.

Friend of mine has an iPhone and went to San Fran for business, he couldn't get a signal the entire time he was there. AT&T doesn't seem to be real good on the left coast.

All the tech heads based in San Francisco rant on AT&T coverage daily.

I always found the coverage to be great in Cincinnati, it stinks here in NC but so does everyone else.
    Go Gators!

3G does not work well in SF. I'm there a lot for work.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

On the brink of disaster acredsfan's Avatar

I get great coverage from AT&T. I'd definitely recommend AT&T for any smartphone user like myself. I rarely have trouble with service and get 3G everywhere around Cincinnati. I use my AT&T Tilt a ton for surfing the net and even controlling my PC from a distance, I couldn't live without it. People I know with Cincinnati Bell don't like their phone selection either. Verizon and T-Mobile are also subpar around here.
    "I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." -- House

"You guys are still thinking like doctors when you should be thinking like plumbers. Come on, I wanna see some butt crack." -- House

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

My Cincinnati coverage has been fairly good. I switched from Sprint to AT&T to get the new iPhone, and I haven't noticed any difference in my service quality here locally.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Wait two-ish months and pick up an Android phone from Verizon when it becomes available. See http://www.android.com for more details. Verizon really does have the best overall network signal strength.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Wait two-ish months and pick up an Android phone from Verizon when it becomes available. See http://www.android.com for more details. Verizon really does have the best overall network signal strength.
    If I don't get an iPhone, I'd probably stick with Cincinnati Bell and get the Blackberry 8900. Only problem is, I'd have to pay $250 for the phone with CBW, and my monthly cost would be $90-$100 (I have a 1000 minute plan).

The Verizon Blackberry plans are pretty expensive. To match the minutes I have now, I would cost me about $120 a month with Verizon.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Really, I don't think the AT&T coverage in Cincinnati is a dealbreaker -- my entire family is on AT&T, and most of my friends are on AT&T as well. Nobody has any serious complaints about the coverage, beyond the usual minor annoyances that everyone has (the occasional deadspot, etc.) regardless of provider.

All the companies are equally hit/miss when it comes to customer service as well (which I can say with some experience, as a user of all 3 major NA cell phone providers) -- usually it comes down to the individual rep you get at a store or on the phone and how willing he/she is to help you through a problem (and possibly bend the rules in the process to get the result you need).

My recommendation is to get the phone and plan you want. You'll pretty be in pretty much the same place service-wise with any major company, as far as Cincinnati goes.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

AT&T has a bad reputation for having spotty coverage, but I can't figure out why. It's way better than Verizon or any other competitors in Cincinnati.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    If I don't get an iPhone, I'd probably stick with Cincinnati Bell and get the Blackberry 8900. Only problem is, I'd have to pay $250 for the phone with CBW, and my monthly cost would be $90-$100 (I have a 1000 minute plan).

The Verizon Blackberry plans are pretty expensive. To match the minutes I have now, I would cost me about $120 a month with Verizon.
    I would definitely recommend against Verizon in Cincinnati. I did their Test Drive for a month with a Blackberry Storm, and their coverage is absolutely terrible in Cincinnati. I honestly dropped nearly every call I received, and the ones I didn't still cut in and out.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    I would definitely recommend against Verizon in Cincinnati. I did their Test Drive for a month with a Blackberry Storm, and their coverage is absolutely terrible in Cincinnati. I honestly dropped nearly every call I received, and the ones I didn't still cut in and out.
    It could have been the phone, the storm is probably the weakest link in the Blackberry lineup.

Turn Off Ads?