Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the chances Tiger comes back to the field today?

What are the chances Tiger comes back to the field today?

Got hooked up with some VIP passes with a friend for Hazeltine on Sunday. It sure would be a lot less enjoyable if the tourney is over before they tee off tomorrow. I'd like to see some suspense, even if it is just a little.

Anyone think there's any chance at all he doesn't go into Sunday with a unreachable lead?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What are the chances Tiger comes back to the field today?

I don't think so. I hope you enjoy it though, but I think its over.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Looks like there's a good bit of wind there today.

That could really firm up the course, and make 7674 play longer (woo hoo!).

I'd be surprised if Tiger's anymore under par than 9 after 3 rounds.

My guess is someone makes a move, but is still 3+ strokes behind him come Sunday, which should make it a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Got hooked up with some VIP passes with a friend for Hazeltine on Sunday. It sure would be a lot less enjoyable if the tourney is over before they tee off tomorrow. I'd like to see some suspense, even if it is just a little.

Anyone think there's any chance at all he doesn't go into Sunday with a unreachable lead?
    Either way, a Major on a Sunday is going to be a lot of fun. VJ did just cut Tiger's lead to two, so I think it may be more exciting than you think.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Geez, if Vijay could putt he'd have won 50 tournaments and several more majors. He's one of the worst I've seen on tour.

Disappointing to see Els give it all back the last few holes. He was as hot as could be. If he could have just held at -6, he'd have a legit chance.

Well, at least it's only two. My guess is by the turn Tiger will have it wrapped up. I'm gong to enjoy myself either way. I'll be there about the time the first group tees off and I'll be there until the final putt falls.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

It's been raining non-stop for several hours and it supposed to cotinue through the morning. Someone could potentially go low tomorrow. The other potential effect is that it could make the greens even bumpier. Could be an interesting day. All I want is some drama.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Geez, if Vijay could putt he'd have won 50 tournaments and several more majors. He's one of the worst I've seen on tour.

Disappointing to see Els give it all back the last few holes. He was as hot as could be. If he could have just held at -6, he'd have a legit chance.

Well, at least it's only two. My guess is by the turn Tiger will have it wrapped up. I'm gong to enjoy myself either way. I'll be there about the time the first group tees off and I'll be there until the final putt falls.
    Not sure if you heard on the telecast yesterday, but they talked about a combination of like 7 different putters (belly vs. traditional length vs mallet vs blade) and putting grips (left hand low, claw, traditional right hand low).

I think McCord debated it was good to change frequently if nothing is working for Veej, while Faldo said it takes 21 days to undo muscle memory (about 5 times in 3 holes it seemed).

Enjoy the final round!

Well, the rain stopped at some point last night and it doesn't look like it's going to rain again until maybe 2pm central time. Then it's only supposed to last a short time. So looking good to get the round in. I think I might wear my golf shoes as they're waterproof. I'll be in the grandstands at #11 for a good part of the day.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Yang is beating Tiger.

Usually when Tiger doesn't win, it's not because someone actually beats him....

It's not over though.

See?

It's down to 18.

It's pucker time.

Does Yang need a diaper? Most people do when it comes down to this...

Wow...Tiger does.

Wow.

What an upset!

Combination of Yang winning it, and Tiger rowing the boat home...

Congrats Y.E., you played a hell of a round today, and showed some amazing ball-striking!

"Y.E. Yang...Y-E-S!"

Jim Nantz is my hero.

Turn Off Ads?