Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: EPL 2009/2010 Season

Re: EPL 2009/2010 Season

Not an EPL match, but did anyone else catch Arsenal v. Celtic? I mean, that was a quality Celtic side Arsenal sliced like Swiss Cheese. The Gunners are looking to be extremely dangerous this year, though we'll know more this time Saturday.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Not an EPL match, but did anyone else catch Arsenal v. Celtic? I mean, that was a quality Celtic side Arsenal sliced like Swiss Cheese. The Gunners are looking to be extremely dangerous this year, though we'll know more this time Saturday.
    Look, I'm a huge Arsenal fan, but that Celtic team was pedestrian at best, and the Gooners clinched the tie with a fluke goal off Gallas' rear, an OG, and a penalty that replay proves was an outright dive.

I love what I've seen so far from the Everton and Pompey matches, but Wenger's cubs have flattered to deceive for a long time. Show me solid performances in Manchester the next two matches and I'm convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Look, I'm a huge Arsenal fan, but that Celtic team was pedestrian at best, and the Gooners clinched the tie with a fluke goal off Gallas' rear, an OG, and a penalty that replay proves was an outright dive.

I love what I've seen so far from the Everton and Pompey matches, but Wenger's cubs have flattered to deceive for a long time. Show me solid performances in Manchester the next two matches and I'm convinced.
    It's not so much the goals they scored as the way they looked doing it. I've been watching Arsenal my whole life and not since the Invincibles have they shown this kind of killer instinct. As they say, you create your own luck. I, too, think the next two matches will be telling. But to say Celtic is pedestrian is harsh...they would easily be a top 10 side in the Prem.

Well, I actually am somewhat heartened by the fact that Arsenal held their own and arguably outplayed Manchester United today, even though they lost on two horrendous mistakes.

I absolutely 100% disagree with your assessment of Celtic. They get up for their Champions League matches, but I'd be shocked if they finished in the top half of the Premiership as constituted. (However, if they WERE in the Premiership, given the increased resources from television and marketing...then maybe you've got a point).

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Well, I actually am somewhat heartened by the fact that Arsenal held their own and arguably outplayed Manchester United today, even though they lost on two horrendous mistakes.
    While watching the game, I remember thinking to myself "Arsenal is dominating this game, but something inexplicable is going to happen and United is going to get three points." As it turns out two (or more) inexplicable things happened and they in fact did lose. Classic Arsenal and Classic United.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

What does everyone think of Spurs? They might be the quickest team I've seen in years. Lennon has really grown into his boots and become a force on the right side and Defoe is really playing well.

The 1st Really Huge Manchester Derby. 1-1 at half w/ goals by Rooney and Barry. If only it were on TV.... I would have loved to see Tevez's welcome at Old Trafford.

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    The 1st Really Huge Manchester Derby. 1-1 at half w/ goals by Rooney and Barry. If only it were on TV.... I would have loved to see Tevez's welcome at Old Trafford.
    I normally don't pull for ManU, but I made an exception for that match.

I normally don't pull for ManU, but I made an exception for that match.
    That is a dangerous road to travel down.

That is a dangerous road to travel down.
    Don't worry, I'm right back to my usual hatred. But the sight of Adebayor in City Blue makes me burn with rage.

Liverpool vs. ManU. Liverpool is trying to salvage their season w/out Gerrard. Four losses in 9 EPL games is not a good start for them.

Liverpool vs. ManU. Liverpool is trying to salvage their season w/out Gerrard. Four losses in 9 EPL games is not a good start for them.
    Pretty nice job at salvaging that game, it was a nice battle, card heavy towards the end too.

What an absolute stunner from Cesc. Too bad ESPN was still showing the replay of Van Persie's goal.

What an absolute stunner from Cesc. Too bad ESPN was still showing the replay of Van Persie's goal.
    Agreed. Arsenal are frgithening when they are on, but I expect them to concede at least one to Spurs.

Turn Off Ads?