Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: EPL 2009/2010 Season

Re: EPL 2009/2010 Season

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Agreed. Arsenal are frgithening when they are on, but I expect them to concede at least one to Spurs.
    Actually, I thought they would concede as well. I'm rather impressed by their effort today. As an Arsenal man I can't ask for much more, especially after the disaster last week and the way Spurs shot off their mouths in the run up.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Actually, I thought they would concede as well. I'm rather impressed by their effort today. As an Arsenal man I can't ask for much more, especially after the disaster last week and the way Spurs shot off their mouths in the run up.
    Spurs really missed Lennon. They had no ability to feed their strikers without him.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Spurs really missed Lennon. They had no ability to feed their strikers without him.
    Definitely. They also sorely missed Defoe, who is their leading scorer. Oh well, a side that has so seriously "closed the gap" with Arsenal should have been able to soldier on, right?

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Man U lost awesomely to Leeds today in the FA Cup today.

Great job Leeds like watching the Yanks lose to Chattanooga.

Did anyone else catch Donovan's game vs. Manchester City? Donovan came out like gang-busters but faded pretty quickly. He still needs to learn the spacing, pace, and rapid decision making needed to excel in the EPL. Watching the MLS is too often like watching 6 year-olds play soccer. He has way too many years of MLS soccer to "unlearn."

Did anyone else catch Donovan's game vs. Manchester City? Donovan came out like gang-busters but faded pretty quickly. He still needs to learn the spacing, pace, and rapid decision making needed to excel in the EPL. Watching the MLS is too often like watching 6 year-olds play soccer. He has way too many years of MLS soccer to "unlearn."
    Playing in the Prem is going to prepare him for the World Cup. I'm thrilled he is there.

Playing in the Prem is going to prepare him for the World Cup. I'm thrilled he is there.
    Agree 100%. I saw flashes from Donovan and I just hope the Everton give him the chance to play significant minutes.

Big blow for you guys regarding the Dempsey injury. He should be back before the end of the season though.

Quote Originally Posted by RawOwl UK View Post
    Big blow for you guys regarding the Dempsey injury. He should be back before the end of the season though.
    We seem really prone to injuries this World Cup cycle. Hopefully we'll field a healthy team in time to beat you 1-0 due to a missed penalty kick. Oh, come on...you know it will be on a missed penalty.

Well, well, well...Gunners on top of the table. They are my number two team so I'm enjoying the run.

We seem really prone to injuries this World Cup cycle. Hopefully we'll field a healthy team in time to beat you 1-0 due to a missed penalty kick. Oh, come on...you know it will be on a missed penalty.
    I think we are due some luck if we go to pens this time

Donovan continues his impressive Everton run. He sent over the cross which Saha headed in for one goal and earned a penalty (which Saha missed). I hope for his sake that he can make this move permanent.

Also, Altidore has really started to come on for Hull. He started a 1-1 tie vs. Chelsea and scored in a 2-1 win over Man City. The Yanks are really making an impact in England.

I would love to see Lando make this move permanently, too. I had a chance to meet him a couple of years ago in Columbus. I worked at the Easton Market Starbucks at the time and he was signing autographs down the sidewalk at Radio Shack. He was truly a class guy.

Also, Altidore has really started to come on for Hull. He started a 1-1 tie vs. Chelsea and scored in a 2-1 win over Man City. The Yanks are really making an impact in England.
    What impresses me about Altidore is his workrate on the field. The guy really puts out max effort and once he refines his skill I think he'll be a tremendous striker. Athletically, he's already there. I'm glad he's getting time at Hull now.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    What impresses me about Altidore is his workrate on the field. The guy really puts out max effort and once he refines his skill I think he'll be a tremendous striker. Athletically, he's already there. I'm glad he's getting time at Hull now.
    That's something I noticed at the Confederations Cup, not just for Altidore, but for a lot of members of the team. The U.S. seems to put out well conditioned players that can run all day. Spain tried to pass them to death and it didn't work. I think with Altidore and Donovan (along with Dempsey, who's been there for a while) getting regular work in the EPL, it will help build their intelligence and confidence on the field to the point where the U.S. offense will be dangerous.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Turn Off Ads?