Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: EPL 2009/2010 Season

Re: EPL 2009/2010 Season

I'm completely disappointed that Donovan's loan spell is done. Let's hope that MLS sees the opportunity for him to improve as a player. I really hope he never plays another minute in MLS (and I deeply love the league.)
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I'm completely disappointed that Donovan's loan spell is done. Let's hope that MLS sees the opportunity for him to improve as a player. I really hope he never plays another minute in MLS (and I deeply love the league.)
    MLS is trying really hard to NASL itself out of existence right now. The very whiff of a shutdown is beyond comprehension...it would destroy the league.

I hope Landon gets to stay at Everton. He has grown tremendously and become something of a fan favorite. It is in the best interest of American soccer for him to play in the best league in the world.

With Real Madrid elimated from the champions league and Man U progressing - it makes the Rooney/Ronaldo competition tilt significantly in favor of the Liverpudlian - 30 goals for Wayne and 21 for Ronny. Rooney now has reached the Messi level - what he sacrifices in touch and skill to Ronny, Leo, kaka and Ibra he makes up for with in-game analysis. His football brain is incredible and he has the work rate to apply it.

Me thinks Arsenal is going to pick up some hardware this season. Only two points adrift of United and the other members of the top three play each other again, so someone will drop some points.

Big match between Barca and the Gunners this afternoon. Both Cesc and Gallas have been made available, so it should be a real cracker!

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Big match between Barca and the Gunners this afternoon. Both Cesc and Gallas have been made available, so it should be a real cracker!
    Ha. Interesting this was the last post in this thread 11 months ago.

I've always loosely followed the EPL, but this is the first year that I've really gotten into it and I'm enjoying it way more than I thought I would.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Ha. Interesting this was the last post in this thread 11 months ago.

I've always loosely followed the EPL, but this is the first year that I've really gotten into it and I'm enjoying it way more than I thought I would.
    Yep. This was last season's thread. I can't remember if we started one for this season, but soccer discussion pretty much fizzled out after the World Cup. I wonder if people around here just got soccer overload. Of course, some of the key soccer fans don't come around here anymore.

I've been watching EPL and Champions League this year. Saw Tottenham and Shakhtar Donetsk get key wins last week.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Yep. This was last season's thread. I can't remember if we started one for this season, but soccer discussion pretty much fizzled out after the World Cup. I wonder if people around here just got soccer overload. Of course, some of the key soccer fans don't come around here anymore.

I've been watching EPL and Champions League this year. Saw Tottenham and Shakhtar Donetsk get key wins last week.
    Tottenham has had nice run this year

For my money the German Bundesliga has been the thing to watch this year. The twists and turns would make a suspense novelist proud. Dortmund is pulling away a bit but the battle for European spots is spectacularly tight. I'm a Bayern fan by birth--my mom wouldn't allow anything else--but the league is better when they aren't so dominant.

Anybody see Stuart Holden get taken out this weekend? Nasty stuff. He's out 6 months and going to miss the Gold Cup for the US squad.

Arsenal and Spurs both had awful draws and haven't done real well over the last month in general.

On a seperate note it was pretty cool to see Charlie Davies get back on the field and score twice for DC United in the MLS this weekend.

Turn Off Ads?