Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 8/15/09 Reds vs Nats

Re: 8/15/09 Reds vs Nats

Well, although a loss last night, glad I could just turn off my tv and not have to sit through this one in person. I was looking at RS/RA today and it says we are the worst team in the majors. Tonight it was proven on the field.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Retired

If this team manages to lose 90-95 games, I have no idea how they can justify Dusty & crew not being shown the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    If this team manages to lose 90-95 games, I have no idea how they can justify Dusty & crew not being shown the door.
    Not that easy to justify. How can you expect to win when you keep drawing the opponents aces in every series? I think any team would be lucky to throw up the 1 run the Reds have the last two nights against powerhouse pitchers like J.D. Martin and Garret Mock.
    Cy Young candidate John Lannon pitches tomorrow....yet another game with little chance for the offense.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Taveras with a clutch RBI single, and not a moment too soon. Let's extend him for another two years.

Edit: Sorry if that seems excessive but this game is killing me.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Sutton's first career HR! And suddenly it's a 10-5 game.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    He would only have 68 RBI's on 31 homers if he were still here.
    It's hard to knock someone in if they're not on base

Kevin Barker K's in his first major league at-bat in a couple years.

1-2-3 9th inning by Jared Burton. Brantley thinks he's improved.

Nationals with another error in the 9th helps the Reds get another run but they end up losing 10-6.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post

The Reds are hopefully working hard on figuring out why his command is going south.

I am suspicious that, that might be what is wrong with him. Maybe they were working with him. He use to be able to pitch a little bit with some commands of his pitches. Unless he is injured and not telling anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Aman!! Have they improved anyone?

I blame the front office and field management for this mess. How in the name of all that's baseball could you construct a team without a solid shortstop, a third baseman who couldn't throw accurately to first, and an outfield that is dysfunctional at best? Then offensively, they depended on a guy who had barely played for two years at short, a journjeyman utility player in the outfield, and a guy who never has hit MLB pitching except for one year with a low OBP in center. They also depended on Jay Bruce to be Adam Dunn or Ken Griffey. Really stupid.

Add to that the failure of the young guns to pitch even up to the low Reds standards. Volquez was injured, Cueto simply is not psychologically ready for a full MLB season, and Arroyo is Arroyo.

And through all of this Walt and Bob continued the mantra that we were still in it. Even as Dusty batted our two worst OBP guys 1-2, and insisted on Taveras in center nearly every game. It's simply criminal to trot out a team with no punch, no firepower and expect to win in a bandbox. Play in a little ball park and little ball will never be enough to overcome the opposition which usually has MLB hitters-- even Pittsburgh and Washington. Fire them all. Start with Dusty and then fire Walt now. While you're at it, buy out Bob (ha!) and bring in someone who understands the game. Then we can wait another ten years before the winning begins. It's just sickening.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    It's hard to knock someone in if they're not on base
    Exactly.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I blame the front office and field management for this mess. How in the name of all that's baseball could you construct a team without a solid shortstop, a third baseman who couldn't throw accurately to first, and an outfield that is dysfunctional at best? Then offensively, they depended on a guy who had barely played for two years at short, a journjeyman utility player in the outfield, and a guy who never has hit MLB pitching except for one year with a low OBP in center. They also depended on Jay Bruce to be Adam Dunn or Ken Griffey. Really stupid.
    I feel strongly that you have valid points and questions that someone ought to be accountable for, especially if the Reds organization continues to market this product to their paying customers. Fair weather or long time loyal paying customers. That is what irks me, they seem to think everyone is dense and naive, and can't possibly recognize a good exchange in entertainment for their dollars vs not. Everyone is not stupid, they do know bad product.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I was looking at RS/RA today and it says we are the worst team in the majors.
    I was just looking at it as well and I have us with the 4th worst differential at -88. The Padres are the worst at -143. Of course, the Pads did win a ridiuclous 6 of 7 from us this year, so maybe we really are the worst team in the majors.

Turn Off Ads?