Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I've always thought John Fay was a weak writer but

I've always thought John Fay was a weak writer but

His latest article is starting to make me change my mind. I dont know if I have ever read an article from Fay that has ever been so harsh on the way the team is ran and I applaud him for it. Some times the truth hurts and he dropped the reasons very well. Everyone should read it and gain some respect for Fay.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...to+get+younger

by far the best line in the story just because he nails exactly how a large majority of us feel about the front office and the on field managing.

That, to me, is a microcosm of the Redsí problem. They can never give up completely on a season, or even a game, for a chance to be better in the future.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I've always thought John Fay was a weak writer but

I kind of like this line:

When you’re shopping for bargains, some times you get lucky. Some times you get Willy Taveras.

The Reds are like that old lady in a '96 Chevy Astro trolling our subdivision during the annual garage sale weekend. She's here every year and pays money to revive items that would have otherwise sat on the shelves.

Meanwhile, across the street, The Cardinals just bought a recent-model Taylor Made driver that has seen only one season on the golf course. It's proven to be one of the best drivers in play and they paid half of retail price for it. That old lady had also stopped in to look at the driver for her husband, the money maker in the family, but he instructed her to shop only for knock-off clubs because they cost less and play the same.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

www.OnCampusSports.com -- college sports covered by college students

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Touch This View Post

When youíre shopping for bargains, some times you get lucky. Some times you get Willy Taveras.

The Reds are like that old lady in a '96 Chevy Astro trolling our subdivision during the annual garage sale weekend. She's here every year and pays money to revive items that would have otherwise sat on the shelves.

Meanwhile, across the street, The Cardinals just bought a recent-model Taylor Made driver that has seen only one season on the golf course. It's proven to be one of the best drivers in play and they paid half of retail price for it. That old lady had also stopped in to look at the driver for her husband, the money maker in the family, but he instructed her to shop only for knock-off clubs because they cost less and play the same.
    Yep, the Reds buy 4 clubs with bends in the shafts for 5 bucks each while other people are out there buying the 1 club with the cuts in the grips for 20.

The spending of money with this club is very depressing. We spent so much money just for the sake of spending it this year it seems. No one thought Willy was a good signing especially for the price. We all rolled our eyes at signing Mike Lincoln especially for 2 years. We all got annoyed when we saw that the Reds were really going to go into the season with JHJ and Chis Dickerson being our likely every day LFers. Its just pointless spending that really ticks us fans off. Combine that with the Reds having no real plan other than praying that some how everyone has a career year.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Its just pointless spending that really ticks us fans off. Combine that with the Reds having no real plan other than praying that some how everyone has a career year.
    Show him what he's won, Johnny....

And the problem with this is, even if one or two of the JHJs or WTs put up "career year" type numbers, they still aren't much better than league average for their respective positions, nor are they sustainable beyond that one year. So where does that leave the club? Another day older and deeper in debt, that's where.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

www.OnCampusSports.com -- college sports covered by college students

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Touch This View Post
    When youíre shopping for bargains, some times you get lucky. Some times you get Willy Taveras.

Willy T was only a bargain before The Reds came along.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

How about Willy T is not a bargain at any price?

Turn Off Ads?